Luggage Transfer

daddybuff

Yes they do use FT. Lauderdale too. we used it in October and it worked out great...would do it again for sure. They charge you $20 and whatever your airline charges for the bags. Your luggage tags and boarding passes are delivered to your room the night before you leave.

It is a good service as long as you don't have an early flight. Our group was held because of some people who did not report to the pursers desk in a prompt manner. We ended up getting off after self assist and several of the floors for regular debarkation were already called. It was 9:15 before we were able to get off.

It is a good service as long as you don't have an early flight. Our group was held because of some people who did not report to the pursers desk in a prompt manner. We ended up getting off after self assist and several of the floors for regular debarkation were already called. It was 9:15 before we were able to get off.

??

if you had early flights I dont think you can participate in this service.

this is a question related to the cruiselines taken your luggage and taking it to the airport for you.

For FLL- I think it is for flights after 1pm. and you still need to follow the guidlines for the individual airlines. All airlines do not participate in this either (southwest is one that does not)

But you do also have to pay the regular airline fees per bag. I have used the luggage express option a few times. The first time it was an absolute dream -- couldn't have gone any better!!

Last time we had 11 people in our group and everything went perfectly, except we got a notice in our cabin that two of the people had been declined by the airline... no further explanation was listed.

So, we lugged those suitcases ourselves. When we got to the airport and got ready to check in the baggage it came up at the "2nd bag rate" -- a higher fee -- because the airline said we already checked one through the ship. We showed them the letter that said we were declined.

Airline said they didn't decline anyone and they thought Carnival must have inadvertently lost our luggage tags. Anyway, we had to fill out paperwork to get the price adjusted so we were only paying the 1st checked bag rate, not the higher rate that the airline was going to charge us for a 2nd bag. All's well that ends well.

(Even though we had a bit of a glitch to sort through, it was still easier just having two suitcases to deal with instead of the massive luggage that all 11 of us had!!)

Used it too in San Juan, was great. We paid 20 per person four our 4 bags and well worth it.

We have only been back a few weeks so I dont know how the airline charges for the lugguage because you never go up to the counter. Maybe we will see the charge on our CC later this month.

Two of our bags has inspected stickers on them. One bag they emptied all of the contents of my make up, jererly case and hair products in the suitcase. The cases I had everyting in was just thrown back on the top empty.... I really have no objection to security inspecting the contents of our bags but you would think that they should put things back they way they were... I was hunting all over my suitcase for my jewerly and a few things are still missing. This however has nothing to do with the baggage service so I would use it again.

I know Carnival offers a transfer of luggage directly from the port to the Miami Airport on debarkation. Does anyone know if they offer this to Ft. Lauderdale airport as well.

Yes, at the time(2007) I think Carnival was rolling out the program... We had to claim our bags, go through customs and the sea-cap rolled out our bags to a desk type setup where a lady was processing boading passes and checking the luggage.... I was in a power chair at the time and even though Carnival was suppose to arrange transfers I was somewhat skeptical. The lady asked for out ticket reservation and printed out our boarding passes and put our bags in a bob-truck and charged us $ 10.00 per person(and they refused the tip).. When we arrived at the airline terminal the bus parked at least 1/4 mile from the terminal doors(all the bags of the 60 or so people were being stacked into one big heap)..... We merely had to go inside and wait.....

The next time we saw our bags was in LRRA.....

It is the ONLY way to go ~~!!~~

Archived