Military Appreciation Sale

Animal Farm

I have ES (& I'm military) and found a Military Appreciation sale price for $10.00 MORE than I currently paid BUT there is a $50.00 OBC if I book the Military Appreciation rate. It is NOT a guarantee room rate, I get to pick my own room. My question is... will I still be considered ES for future price drops? I would end up $40 ahead with the OBC. Thanks everyone.

I have ES (& I'm military) and found a Military Appreciation sale price for $10.00 MORE than I currently paid BUT there is a $50.00 OBC if I book the Military Appreciation rate. It is NOT a guarantee room rate, I get to pick my own room. My question is... will I still be considered ES for future price drops? I would end up $40 ahead with the OBC. Thanks everyone.

You probably should call Carnival to get the definitive answer, but my guess is that if you switch to the Military rate from ES, you won't be eligible for any price drops that occur under the ES rate. Two different categories, two different sets of rules and restrictions.

You probably should call Carnival to get the definitive answer, but my guess is that if you switch to the Military rate from ES, you won't be eligible for any price drops that occur under the ES rate. Two different categories, two different sets of rules and restrictions.

This is incorrect. You do not switch to Military, you price match to Military. We have ES for our October 2015 cruise and I just price matched to Military and received the OBC plus a $20 drop in rates. But, because my ES was with a reduced deposit, I did have to pony up the rest of the deposit to get the rate or I would have been cancelled.

Once you are ES, you are always ES. Unless you switch to a guarantee, then you would no longer be ES.

I did the exact same thing 2 days ago. My fare increased $20 but received the $50 OBC with the Military Appreciation sale. I remained in the Early Saver fare category and I am eligible for any future price reductions. Its my understanding you will always remain Early Saver on price adjustments unless going to some type of guarantee cabin rate. For future price drops you have do take into account your $50 OBC when deciding if its worth it. Your price adjustment would have to be more than $50 to be worth it because your will lose your $50 OBC unless the new sale includes some type of OBC.

Alan

Edited by Big Tillie

This is incorrect. You do not switch to Military, you price match to Military. We have ES for our October 2015 cruise and I just price matched to Military and received the OBC plus a $20 drop in rates. But, because my ES was with a reduced deposit, I did have to pony up the rest of the deposit to get the rate or I would have been cancelled.

Once you are ES, you are always ES. Unless you switch to a guarantee, then you would no longer be ES.

Thanks TerReuv. I was only guessing, but I guess I guessed incorrectly. :rolleyes: