Tom, Rach & Rosso Go Cruising

Currently half way through the program. Tom is playing he role of cruise lover, Russo the cruise hater and Rachel well she is just a pretty face....

Show makes the ship look nice. Love the refurbishment but what we have seen in half an hour could have been seen in 3minutes.

My thoughts so far - a nice ad for Voyager of the Seas. An awesome ad for Amadee Island. It looked as beautiful as the day we were there. I want to go back. Don't remember paddleboarding being available on Amadee though.

Edited by aussielozzie18

It makes me want to go out and book another cruise on the Voyager of the Seas. Really enjoyed the show and brought back so many memories of our last one on it. Loved it!!!!!

Yep, I feel exactly the same:)

Edited by aussielozzie18

Great publicity for Royal Caribbean. I am sure their bookings will jump. Has made us think we need to book another cruise with RCCL. I would have liked a longer look at the cabins and food areas though.

It makes me want to go out and book another cruise on the Voyager of the Seas. Really enjoyed the show and brought back so many memories of our last one on it. Loved it!!!!!

sorry I felt the opposite, loved the show but it told me that ship is not for us, just too big I think, and it was obvious in a lot of the scenes that they had opened up just for the show, - rock wall, surf rider, not one else there, - very hard to believe. The crowds in the Promenade were more real.

sorry I felt the opposite, loved the show but it told me that ship is not for us, just too big I think, and it was obvious in a lot of the scenes that they had opened up just for the show, - rock wall, surf rider, not one else there, - very hard to believe. The crowds in the Promenade were more real.

Yes, a friend of mine was on that sailing...january. She said areas were roped off during filming and some done at night.

She was also asked to judge the sexiest man competition alongside Rachel.

Us too! Before the end of the show, I said to DW "we need to book another cruise". And we were on Voyager just 5 weeks ago, we even recognised some of the crew :)

Nice infomercial!

However it doesn't inspire me to book on Voyager, it just seems too big. The ratio of staff to passengers is poor - 1 staff member for every 4 passengers. Rhapsody was around 1 staff member to every 2.6 passengers and we noticed the difference to Sun Princess which was roughly 1 staff member to every 2 passengers. Service in the MDR for breakfast and lunch, and also drinks service in the various bars was much slower on Rhapsody where we often had to go to the bar to order a drink as there was few waiters circulating taking drinks orders.

Nice infomercial!

However it doesn't inspire me to book on Voyager, it just seems too big. The ratio of staff to passengers is poor - 1 staff member for every 4 passengers. Rhapsody was around 1 staff member to every 2.6 passengers and we noticed the difference to Sun Princess which was roughly 1 staff member to every 2 passengers. Service in the MDR for breakfast and lunch, and also drinks service in the various bars was much slower on Rhapsody where we often had to go to the bar to order a drink as there was few waiters circulating taking drinks orders.

The Channel 7 (infomercial!!) did make me feel I should try a cruise on the Voyager, but I didn't realise the staff to passenger ratio was so bad, I notice they didn't show any queuing for all the great facilities! perhaps we will stay with Princess, P&O and Carnival, well the Green Thunder is fun!!:)

I have always preferred to support the Lines that are willing to base themselves in Australia, using Australian currency, but more importantly accepting the far better Australian and New Zealand rules of no extra charges or false advertising.

Quite the advertorial.

Not showing the payment e.g. she just orders a drink at the bar and gets it, and the use of text messages in their likely location was quite misleading to the new cruiser market that it appeared to be aimed at.

The Channel 7 (infomercial!!) did make me feel I should try a cruise on the Voyager, but I didn't realise the staff to passenger ratio was so bad, I notice they didn't show any queuing for all the great facilities! perhaps we will stay with Princess, P&O and Carnival, well the Green Thunder is fun!!:)

I was on the Voyager last month and there was not any significant on the ship. There was a couple of people waiting for the Flower Rider. No queuing for the rock climbing and I only ever saw a couple of people on the basketball court. Sometimes there was about a 5 minute wait for coffee at the Cafe Promenade.