Kotor - are visa requirements different if on cruise?

I know we (from Barbados) would need a visa to visit Montenegro as a usual tourist, but if we just stop at Kotor for a few hours on a cruise are the requirements different? I have done various Google searches, and I have looked on Montenegro's own visa requirements website and there is nothing said about cruises being different. However, often these visa requirements pages are not fully complete or kept up to date. I do know of certain countries that do allow cruise ship visitors to enter without a visa, or they have special expedited visas you can apply for at the port of entry. I just cannot seem to find out if Kotor is one of those cruise ports that allow this.

I am assuming that the worst that could happen is we just can't get off the ship at that port? It would be a shame, but at least we could have a nice on ship day while everyone else is exploring Kotor.

Yes in writing because the worst that could happen is not they don't let you off but they don't let you board at all.

If there is no visa waiver and given that getting a visa could be a hassle from Barbados keep in mind that while Kotor is a very nice little town, the scenery is the highlight which you will also see from the ship.

We are booked through a local travel agent, so I will start by asking them. I figured they wouldn't have booked us at all without warning us we'd need a visa. We don't have a consulate here, so it could be a lengthy process with sending passports overseas etc. I am really hoping there is some way to get a temporary one-day visa at the port itself.

According to the website for Montenegro Ministry of Foreign Affairs

"the citizens of Barbados may enter, pass through and stay in Montenegro for up to 90 days with a valid passport without a visa."

Strange, because everything else I found online indicated that we needed a visa! I may have found that Foreign Affairs site a while ago, because I somehow thought we were OK for all of our ports, but then when I recently searched to be sure, all I could find was information that indicated we did need a visa. Confused! I will definitely get the travel agent involved.

• 2 weeks later...
According to the website for Montenegro Ministry of Foreign Affairs

"the citizens of Barbados may enter, pass through and stay in Montenegro for up to 90 days with a valid passport without a visa."

What susietb said.

http://www.mvpei.gov.me/en/sections/consular-affairs/visa-regimes-for-foreign-citizens/barbados

Edited by hdt09

• 4 months later...