Urgent Concern - Misleading Agent

When an agent books/holds group space - he must do so thru the Group Department. The Group Department gives the price. The price does not fluctuate. Sounds like the agent quoted you a price first but didn't hold anything - price could have gone up when he called the Group department again to reprice. Once its held/price is held for 6 months in order to sell the cabins.

You have posted several times under different threads about this travel agent and his/her pricing. You used a strong word - fraud. If you don't trust this agent - find another one. Why do you keep insisting he should give you a better price? I suspect the price you got from this TA in the first place is the lowest you are finding and you want that price. Do you really want to work with an agent for months for your group that you don't like/trust?

What would you do? Is this allowed? Should I escalate this? If so, to who? Thank you for your opinions!

Royal Caribbean sets the prices. From my experience, any money you pay after the deposit should go directly to Royal Caribbean. Royal Caribbean then pays the travel agent a commission on the booking. The agent also can keep the GAP points and tour conductor credits as a bonus. Every time I have booked a group cruise with a travel agent, my credit card was charged by Royal Caribbean not the agent.

As others have said, I would look for a new travel agent.

If you set up the group with the agent you can take it away (fire the agent) and transfer it to another agent.

If you are booking into a group the TA established then find another agent.

I don't think it's a group the OP set up.

For instance, I booked with a big box TA for our last cruise (and upcoming, and the ones before). When I went to make final payment, they said that we had been put into a group rate, and everything was the same AND we got an extra $50 towards dining. We didn't know we were in a group, because all terms and conditions were the same, but we got a bonus because of it.