Pier 27 SF Luggage dropoff

WEGL81

Does anyone know how early you can drop off your luggage on cruise day at Pier 27 in SF? We would like to shuttle over to Fisherman's Wharf and squeeze a couple hours of touristing before our ship leaves. We don't need to get on the ship at the earliest possible moment, but we would like to drop it off to porters and come back later. Thanks in advance. BTW, I am aware of the $5 luggage storage place at Pier 39 but I don't really want to do that.

While I'm asking, I read that there were very few porters at Pier 27, but that was a thread from right after the new Pier 27 facility opened up last year. What is everyone's experience lately?

Does anyone know how early you can drop off your luggage on cruise day at Pier 27 in SF? We would like to shuttle over to Fisherman's Wharf and squeeze a couple hours of touristing before our ship leaves. We don't need to get on the ship at the earliest possible moment, but we would like to drop it off to porters and come back later. Thanks in advance. BTW, I am aware of the $5 luggage storage place at Pier 39 but I don't really want to do that.

While I'm asking, I read that there were very few porters at Pier 27, but that was a thread from right after the new Pier 27 facility opened up last year. What is everyone's experience lately?

A couple of years ago I ended up arriving at the port at 9am and the porters were more than happy to take my couple of bags, but...I did give them a reasonable tip which might have helped. :D

Along the same lines as the OP. :)

Can you just drive up and drop off your luggage with a porter before parking or returning a rental car? Is that easy enough to do? We wouldn't be arriving until after 11am.

Of course. Many people will bring their luggage by their own or rental car and then return to the terminal later.