Savory Bite?

Our last cruise on the Voyager in January they didn't serve them. I asked every night and on about the fourth night after that we had a little plate of them at our table to share. I'm hoping we have them next week on the Explorer! They are REALLY good!

Those savory bites are my VICE!

I pack away 7 - 9 per meal when they are available.

Rarely, is it like they used to be when introduced...same bread base with different grain sprinkling on top each serving. But they are still delicious.

If only I could sneak them past customs!!!!!!

They are my deelish;) ...On all our cruises each night there was a different choice of savory bites...poppy, sesame, tomato/basil...They are the best and not to be missed, just like my favorite Oatmeal raisin cookies:p...Later, Jill:cool:

I know I'm in the minority here, but I really wasn't impressed with them. Maybe it's because I had heard so much about them prior to my cruise that I was expecting more, but I think they're kinda like eating a crouton :confused:

Just off Mariner a few weeks ago and we had them every night at dinner in the dining room. Still trying to figure out what all goes in them - I do know that they are really good!!! Hope you try one!!! :)

The savory bites taste like there is sun dried tomatoe flavor in them. We love them.

Pat-

I am with you- in the minority- they were in the bread basket each evening on our Serenade cruise in June. I had heard so much about them- I think my tastebuds were expecting way more than they could be.

-JC in CA

I know I'm in the minority here, but I really wasn't impressed with them. Maybe it's because I had heard so much about them prior to my cruise that I was expecting more, but I think they're kinda like eating a crouton :confused:

Pat-

I am with you- in the minority- they were in the bread basket each evening on our Serenade cruise in June. I had heard so much about them- I think my tastebuds were expecting way more than they could be.

-JC in CA

I'll admit that I was chicken to be the first one to post the same sentiments.:p Since you two were braver than I, add me to the minority list.:)

On Voyager back in March, they only had them one night during the entire week. I got them the first night and that was all. I asked the waiter, and he said he never knew what kind of bread was going to be served until that night. I put on my comment card that they needed to offer them more than once.

There used to be so much more variety in the whole bread basket- now just a couple- mostly sourdough, or at least that was the way it was on our last trip. I guess it's a victim of cost cutting measures. :(

I'll admit that I was chicken to be the first one to post the same sentiments.:p Since you two were braver than I, add me to the minority list.:)
This is absolutely not a problem. That's more Savory Bites for us!:) Guess it's a beauty-in-the-mouth-of-the-beholder thing.

Our last cruise on the Voyager in January they didn't serve them. I asked every night and on about the fourth night after that we had a little plate of them at our table to share. I'm hoping we have them next week on the Explorer! They are REALLY good!

Hmm, that's strange. They must have had lots of requests, because we had them every night on the Voyager in March. I should know, I ate enough of them!:D

I love the savory bites and believe it or not, my DH and I, along with another friend, met the man who inventend them! He was on VY at the end of March. His name is Robert. He's Austrian and is a master baker for RCCL. He travels from ship to ship ensuring the quality of all the baked goods onboard. Cool job, huh? He's also a heck of a nice guy. :)

Archived