New Orleans

catty

Where is the best (safest) place to stay in New Orleans before a cruise? We leave on Nov 26 on the Voyager and want to stay over before leaving.

Thanks for your help!:D

I Stayed at the Sheraton on Canal St. Just a short walk to Bourbon St. We were up on one of the top floors with a nice view of the French Quarter and across to the World Trade Center building.

It was a while ago, but I don't remember it being super expensive.

BTW, I almost took that same cruise but ended up going with the Freedom on Nov,27th. Can't wait to get back to Nawlins though.:D

catty,

I would suggest the Holiday Inn 124 Royal Street. If you like you could join the Roll Call of those doing the 26 Nov cruise on the voyager, here is the link http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1239786&page=48

If you read the posts you will find several recommendations for hotels from fellow cruisers living in NOLA.

The Bayou Classic (Grambling vs Southern University) is that weekend so if you have not made a reservation you need to make it yesterday!! The game is on Saturday, but there is a big battle of the bands the night before, so most fans stay 2-3 nights. It is not as big as the Sugar Bowl or BCS Championship, but it will fill up rooms.

There is the newly reopened Hyatt next to the Superdome, so many fans will probably try to stay there.

If you haven't been to New Orleans before, staying in the Quarter is really. We have stayed at the Holiday Inn on Royal and very close to Bourbon Street etc. Also if you are driving, they offer a cruise package that includes parking. (If you drive, you usually have to pay extra nightly $20 up.)

We have also stayed at the Drury Inn and had a good experience.

Also recommend you take the time to take the St. Charles street trolley to see more of New Orleans other than downtown. The cheapest hotel near the quarter may be the Best Western.

We booked the Hilton on lastminutetravel.com for our cruise in January out of NOLA. It is listed as a 4.5 star hotel in the warehouse district for $63. It is a great location and is very close to the cruise port and within walking distance to the French Quarter.

:D We found a hotel. The Pelham, for not bad of rate. Next question, how far is the cruise terminal from the hotel? Thanks again for all the help... it is very much appreciated.

See you all on the cruise.

The Pelham is not far from the cruise terminal. I would check out the online reviews! See what you think.:eek:

Archived