RC unresponsive--poor customer service

After June cruise on Navigator, we had a problem with photo package. Photo dept had technical problems and lost many of our photos. After a month, the vendor advised they would be sending a refund of $249.99 thru RC. That email from photo vendor was sent to me July 24.

On 25 August, I began calling RC asking about this credit. I was assured that I would get an email shortly regarding status. Nothing. Five days later I called again, spoke with the same "customer service" agent, was asked and provided all the info again. Same promises with same result. Now Sept 3, I call again and "supervisor" tells me they are researching this.

We are Elite Plus customers but even if we weren't, this is very poor customer service. Not only did I lose pictures, I have lost my time dealing with what should have been done promptly. Not a happy customer. Anybody else had customer service problems with RC?

After June cruise on Navigator, we had a problem with photo package. Photo dept had technical problems and lost many of our photos. After a month, the vendor advised they would be sending a refund of $249.99 thru RC. That email from photo vendor was sent to me July 24.

On 25 August, I began calling RC asking about this credit. I was assured that I would get an email shortly regarding status. Nothing. Five days later I called again, spoke with the same "customer service" agent, was asked and provided all the info again. Same promises with same result. Now Sept 3, I call again and "supervisor" tells me they are researching this.

We are Elite Plus customers but even if we weren't, this is very poor customer service. Not only did I lose pictures, I have lost my time dealing with what should have been done promptly. Not a happy customer. Anybody else had customer service problems with RC?

The Photo Department on any RCI ship is contracted to an outside agency just like the Spa and the Shops on Board.

IMHO, you should be dealing with the Photo Vender and not RCI since it was the person that works for the photo shop on board that lost your photos.

BTW, C&A does not have an Elite Plus level. Are you maybe Diamond Plus?:D

You've tried hard enough to get your refund. Time to call your credit card company

Elite + is on Celebrity cruises and I believe it equates to Diamond on RCI, but it's really as many points as being Pinnacle on RCI.

http://www.celebritycruises.com/captains-club/membership/captains-club-overview#captains_club_tier_elite_plus/captains-club/membership/captains-club-tier-elite-plus%3Fsubtab=true

Edited by Life is Good Cruising

What is elite+ on rci?

After the month, you would allow 2 billing cycles or 2 more months

http://image.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/34711-refund-and-exchange

There is currently no reciprocity between Celebrity Elite+ and any level on Royal.

EDIT: Actually to be more accurate, Celebrity Elite and better equates to Diamond on Royal.

Edited by clarea

The Photo Department on any RCI ship is contracted to an outside agency just like the Spa and the Shops on Board.

IMHO, you should be dealing with the Photo Vender and not RCI since it was the person that works for the photo shop on board that lost your photos.

BTW, C&A does not have an Elite Plus level. Are you maybe Diamond Plus?:D

I understand your point but I tend to disagree with it. We all book our cruise to vavation on an RCI ship. Our ultimate cruise experience falls on RCI's shoulders and RCI has a certain responsibility for the vendors that they contract with for services. Our credit card info is given to RCI. RCI submits the charges to the credit card company not the individual vendors. Even if the vendor is the responsible party in this case, it is RCI that the service reflects on. No one is going to remember having a bad experience with Steiner's Spa, or the photo vendor, or the shops' vendor. They are going to remember having a bad experience with RCI. And RCI should be very interested in getting this issue resolved. Everything that happens aboard ship relects on them.

Call and ask to speak with the Resolutions Desk at RCCL and Call your Credit Card Company too. Put a Stop Payment on your Credit Card until the refund is received. The Credit Card company should be able to help resolve this issue!:D

Edited by tinkerme1

i had a similar problem with a photo package last year......i found the problem was the the photo company (Images ~ MyCruisePhotos.com) and not RCL.

the photo company was the issue and very slow in determining i was entitled a refund (2-3 months later).....once the refund was granted RCL promptly processed and issued it.

FYI.....here's my photo package thread......

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1904036

Edited by 2004corvette

Try calling Cynthia Lembos @ 888-767-4644 EXT. 11515..she's in CS and a notch above the rest....

Alan

Have you tried the resolutions department rather than the regular customer service agents? Just call Royal and ask for resolutions they will transfer you. Good Luck to you.

$250 is a significant amount of money to have tied up for over 2 months. I agree with the comment about posting on the Facebook page and also calling your credit card company to dispute the charge. That should get their attention. Good luck.

Elite + is on Celebrity cruises and I believe it equates to Diamond on RCI, but it's really as many points as being Pinnacle on RCI.

http://www.celebritycruises.com/captains-club/membership/captains-club-overview#captains_club_tier_elite_plus/captains-club/membership/captains-club-tier-elite-plus%3Fsubtab=true

The amount of points between the two programs is irrelevant as each program's points are valued and calculated differently and are not equivalent.

I am sorry to hear you are having these issues.

Please keep in mind as others have stated that this is not RCI's issue. This is a third party vendor issue and it is a courtesy that anyone at RCI is attempting to assist.

Contact the photo company.

I had an issue with the photo company and had to deal with them directly. RCI cannot help, but I will add that I wrote RCI and told them that the monopoly the photo people have with their ships is unacceptable.

Blame the photo people and deal with them. The same is true of the spa.