NCL Pearl, balcony staterooms 9th floor vs 10th floor, HELP

lotsofkids

Hi guys, Hoping someone will have enough cruise experience to answer a balcony question. Which stateroom balcony is better? Mid-ship on the 9th floor or mid-ship on the 10th?

I once read (or thought I read) the balcony on the 10th floor is a bit larger. (that the 9th floor is shorter and fatter....vs a long and narrow on the 10th floor. Is that right? and does anyone have a floor preference?

thanks for your input : )

Check out our room listing below when we cruised Alaska on the Pearl in 2008. Whatever cabin we had was great, no obstructed view. However, I don't believe it was mid, we usually go for farther back by the aft elevators.

Hi guys, Hoping someone will have enough cruise experience to answer a balcony question. Which stateroom balcony is better? Mid-ship on the 9th floor or mid-ship on the 10th?

I once read (or thought I read) the balcony on the 10th floor is a bit larger. (that the 9th floor is shorter and fatter....vs a long and narrow on the 10th floor. Is that right? and does anyone have a floor preference?

thanks for your input : )

10633. It was great!

• 4 weeks later...
10633. It was great!

Thanks for posting the cabin #s you've stayed in for us noobs to NCL and the Pearl. I'm about to book our first NCL cruise and am a bit concerned about noise coming from "The Great Outdoors". I want to book one of the Aft mini-suites on 11, which is right below that open buffet area.

Specifically, I'm talking about rooms: 11150, 152, 154, 156, 11650, 654, 656

I can't find any detail on NCL.com that talks about what hours of night this area is open to the public, but would guess most of the time, even when no meal is being served. My biggest worry is over furniture moving or running\stomping during the wee hours.

Any insight you could share would be most appreciated. Thanks!

I am thinking the cabins must be identical, or so close there is no difference. Though the cruiselines always say higher floors are better, I see no reason for it.

In fact, we have downgraded before to be on a floor that has other cabins above us.

We have been on decks 8 (Obstructed OV), Deck 9 (balcony) Deck 10 (inside) and Deck 10 (Mini-Suite AFT) at the very Aft of the ship. The thing we LIKED about being close to the Great Outdoors, was the "aroma" when they were baking pastries and breads, early in the morning. We did hear a little noise when they stacked chairs, but it was not annoying at the time it was done. Choosing a stateroom is a time consuming task, although, we never really spend THAT much time in the cabin to warrant all the process. We usually try to get a cabin mid ship, with cabins both above us and below us; I've read some horror stories of people choosing cabins under night clubs or other public areas. When you choose the higher decks, it is a lot easier to run back to the cabin IF, you forget something. We also try to be somewhat close to the elevators, but not too close. Hope this information is helpful to you. Enjoy your first cruise. You will probably get bitten by the cruise bug...it is not a parasite; it is an urge to keep crusing, and cruising and cruising.

Archived