Fort Lauderdale pre cruise hotel?

Bixa525

Would love some suggestions for a pre cruise hotel that will pick us up at the Ft. Lauderdale airport and take us to our hotel and then on the day of our cruise will take us to the port and transfer luggage as part of the package?

The Embassy Suites Hotel is just a few blocks from the cruise port. Nice breakfast and of course the free happy hour in the evening :) Fun to take a walk up on the bridge and check out your ship in the morning. We took a cab from the airport and then the hotel had a shuttle to the port in the morning. This was a few years ago. Check out my cruise pics from the Sun Princess there are some pics of the area in there.

Would love some suggestions for a pre cruise hotel that will pick us up at the Ft. Lauderdale airport and take us to our hotel and then on the day of our cruise will take us to the port and transfer luggage as part of the package?

We just stayed at the Hilton airport Hotel on Griffin road across from the Airport. They have 24 hour shuttle to and from the Airport. They also have a 24 hour room service for late arrival at night was great! If you pre pay with no refund sort of like the air fare you get a good rate, we paid 144$ per night double occupancy for King non smoking room. They also have shuttle to port but I think it may cost? We stayed in FLL but sailed out of Miami so we had a private shuttle arrangement. I thought the rooms were clean and food fine, was very busy with cruisers!

Eclipse Cruise March 5th to 12th 2011 Fabulous!!

Rich and Pat

We booked thru Hotwire.com and got the Springhill Suites by Marriott for $89 a night that includes transfers from the airport and to Port Everglades and Breakfast! when you go on the site, specify at least 3 stars and transfers and it is a good chance you will get this hotel!

We stayed at the Hampton Inn on Stirling Road and booked it through Bookit dot com as the Mystery hotel. I do not know how often these mystery hotels come up but it worked well for us.

We paid $73 a nite inclusive of taxes and it included pick up at air port, breakfast and transfer to ship. Great value for the price.

I'm currently looking as well. Anyone ever tried the Ramada? Looks like $88 a night with breakfast and airport/cruise port shuttles included.

As a rule of thumb, skip any Ramada Inns, Days Inns, and Rodeway Inns in South Florida. Bad news.

We stayed at the Embassy Suites on 17th Street our last FLL cruise, and will be staying there again in September for our Oasis cruise. I love this Hotel-it is so elegant. :D They do have a shuttle to the Port, but I think we shared a Cab with friends last time.

I highly recommend Cambria Suites in Dania Beach, they will pick you up from the airport and take you to the cruise terminal. They are very reasonable for two room suites, usually around $100 a night. We stayed there last June when we went on the Oasis and we plan on staying there again in Dec when we go on the Allure.

I stayed a few nights in January at the Hyatt just behind Embassy Suites. I paid about $80 per night (it will vary depending on time of year) and it was very convenient to shopping and eating. They have a complimentary airport shuttle and I know they have a port shuttle but don't know if they charge for it. We just took a cab for $12 instead of waiting with everyone to load.

Stayed at Embassy Suites last time. Hotel is good but you pay for your own transportation. I think they charge $10 from the cruiseport to the hotel and $20 from the hotel to the airport. We also like the Hampton Inn (Airport North on 12th) which provides free transportation to/from the airport, cruiseport, and local restaurants. We've stayed at dozens of hotels in the area and, if you want to stay inexpensively, these are both good choices.

We booked thru Hotwire.com and got the Springhill Suites by Marriott for $89 a night that includes transfers from the airport and to Port Everglades and Breakfast! when you go on the site, specify at least 3 stars and transfers and it is a good chance you will get this hotel!

Did you use Hotwire or Priceline? If it was Hotwire which area of Fort Lauderdale did you see with 3 stars?

we like the LaQuinta Inn on 26th....we did not use the airport shuttle as we drove in but they do have that as an option if needed. We found this hotel perfectly fine for a short pre-cruise stay:cool:

Did you leave your car there while you were gone?

I just got back from HAL cruise out of Ft Lauderdale. We stayed at the Cambria Suites also. They have free pick up from the airport and free shuttle to the port. It was a very nice hotel. Very clean, comfortable bed and bedding. Two flat screen tv's, small fridge, nice new bathroom. The hotel was full and everyone there was leaving on a cruise. They did a great job organizing and getting everyone to the cruise ships. Very nice staff, I was very impressed and would definitely stay there again. I was concerned because it wasn't very close to anything, but we did walk to a shopping area to get some precruise items. There was a target, Big Lots, actually a lot of stores all in the area, easy to walk to.

I was concerned because it wasn't very close to anything, but we did walk to a shopping area to get some precruise items. There was a target, Big Lots, actually a lot of stores all in the area, easy to walk to.

Any nice places to eat nearby?

Do you get the name of your hotel before final confirmation using Hotwire?

I am looking at the Cambria Suites website, what do they charge for their breakfast? The site says *fee for hot breakfast. Does anyone know the fee?
Yes, they do charge for their breakfast. As I recall it seems like it was $8.00 for the buffet which looked very good. They also have muffins and a few other things in addition to the buffet. We ate there in the evening but left early in the a.m and didnt eat breakfast there.

Archived