Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Cruise Discussion Topics > Cabin Selection Tips

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Cabin Selection Tips Help on how to choose a cabin on a cruise ship.

How To Choose A Cabin from Cruise Critic
Offer up your opinions on selecting the best cabin.

Old February 4th, 2006, 01:20 AM
Cool Cruiser

Question "Bigger" balconies on Celeb. M class

I have read several posts from individuals and I think even once from one of the "professional" reviewers about certain balconies being bigger on all 4 "X" lines M class ships. WE have booked #6026 on a Millie transatlantic and this is supposedly one of the cabins with a "bigger" balcony. Since nobody has ever defined what "bigger" means, I was wondering if anybody knows anything about this alleged size differential? Is it actually a big enough difference to be noticed & somewhat meaningful or are we talking about something that can only be measured with a micrometer? Don't think it will make or break the cruise either way but we are simply curious. The deckplan layouts in the Celebrity brochures do not show any discernable difference. Thanks in advance to anybody who knows the "real story" on this.

Old February 4th, 2006, 09:39 AM
20,000+ Club

I do not know if this will help you but on the Celebrity forum there is a thread called "Constellation - Deck plan selection" and your cabin is listed there among larger balconies. Read that thread, it might answer your questions.

marilyn

Old February 12th, 2006, 09:43 PM
Cool Cruiser

Don't remember our cabin number, but if this is a sky suite that appears to be near a bump out for larger suites, then yes, it is a noticeably larger balcony, one that you will be happy you have. Can nicely fit 2 loungers.

Old February 14th, 2006, 06:10 PM
Cool Cruiser

The balcony in 6026 is twice as big as standard balconies. You will have enough room for two chairs and table *and* two lounge chairs.

The deck diagram doesn't show this room having a bigger balcony, but take my word for it, it is bigger.
Radiance of the Seas, 11/11/06
Century, 08/26/10
Gem, 09/08/12
Jewel, 11/10/13