Favorite Bartender?

weltek

Met Eka on the Dawn in the Star Bar on our April 2006 cruise. She gave us one of our favorite Martini Clinics. I believe she's on Vacation right now and not sure which ship she'll be back on. If she's onboard when we cruise we track her down! :D But don't eat her mushroom soup! LOL

Anan, who is now on the Pearl, and O'Neil, who is now on the Gem, or so I've heard. They are the reason we cruise NCL. Even my big sister went on the Jewel after I did and said O'Neil was wonderful. I hope to see Anan (sp?) on the Pearl in May. If you see either one of them, tell them Barbara and Chris from Dallas said Hi! They went out of their way to make sure we had a wonderful time.

Give me your favorite NCL Bartender!

Give the bartender's name, ship, bar most likely to be seen in and what makes him/her special.

CHEERS!

Dawn, Star, Dawn, 2002 - 2003 Frankie

Dawn, Dawn, 2004, two cruises, Gede

Both of them were great, especially at the Martini Clinics. Very knowledgeable and very personable. As a former scotch drinker, first J & B, then Dewars, Frankie introduced me to Johnny Walker Blue. It's a special occasion brand, but the Green is more affordable. Though my brother is a diehard JW Black fan, I never tried JW at all, let alone the Blue, until Frankie mentioned it a one of clinics. He apologized for the $8 snifter charge on the ship, but have since seen it priced at $49/snifter, and heard it priced at $69 from a reliable family source at a local upscale bar in CT.

Has anyone had any contact with these gentlemen of late??

Both of them were great, especially at the Martini Clinics. Very knowledgeable and very personable. As a former scotch drinker, first J & B, then Dewars, Frankie introduced me to Johnny Walker Blue. It's a special occasion brand, but the Green is more affordable. Though my brother is a diehard JW Black fan, I never tried JW at all, let alone the Blue, until Frankie mentioned it a one of clinics. He apologized for the $8 snifter charge on the ship, but have since seen it priced at $49/snifter, and heard it priced at $69 from a reliable family source at a local upscale bar in CT.

The last time we had the pleasure of spending time with Gede was Sept., 2004 on the Dawn.

The last time we had the pleasure of spending time with Gede was Sept., 2004 on the Dawn.

Cosmo: You're everywhere!!

We're headed out on the Gem on Wed., but recall exchanging info and reading many of your posts prior to our last cruise which was over two years ago on the Jewel. I've been mostly involved with our Roll Call, but whenever I do have time for the general board, you're always there with helpful advice - a credit to the CC board.

I'll be cruising with Snorklin'barb and Dolphins, not to mention some guy named Klaus (LOL), so I'm looking forward to a great 10 days. We've got a great RC group, so it looks like a great time!!

Cosmo: You're everywhere!!

We're headed out on the Gem on Wed., but recall exchanging info and reading many of your posts prior to our last cruise which was over two years ago on the Jewel. I've been mostly involved with our Roll Call, but whenever I do have time for the general board, you're always there with helpful advice - a credit to the CC board.

I'll be cruising with Snorklin'barb and Dolphins, not to mention some guy named Klaus (LOL), so I'm looking forward to a great 10 days. We've got a great RC group, so it looks like a great time!!

Wow...Tom...have a WONDERFUL cruise.

How EXCITED you must be....glad the storm headed our way tomorrow night will be long gone before your cruise;)

How LUCKY are you to sail with Snorklin'barb and Dolphins...I AM jealous!!...really! And..they are lucky to sail with you.

After reading about Klaus many times before we sailed the Jewel (he was never on the Dawn with us)... when we finally met him...he was MORE than we ever expected. He really had lived up to every expectation we had from SG's stories and adventures! What a wonderful, sincere person.

Have a great cruise...I know you will.

Can't wait for your review:)

Wow...Tom...have a WONDERFUL cruise.

How EXCITED you must be....glad the storm headed our way tomorrow night will be long gone before your cruise;)

How LUCKY are you to sail with Snorklin'barb and Dolphins...I AM jealous!!...really! And..they are lucky to sail with you.

After reading about Klaus many times before we sailed the Jewel (he was never on the Dawn with us)... when we finally met him...he was MORE than we ever expected. He really had lived up to every expectation we had from SG's stories and adventures! What a wonderful, sincere person.

Have a great cruise...I know you will.

Can't wait for your review:)

Looks like we lucked out on the weather! We had three winter trips planned, that's 6 days of concern considering leaving and returning. So far, counting Wed., that would be three to zero in our favor.

I'll certainly post a review, and considering the the company I will be keeping, you're in for some good info. One CC'er I was looking forward to cruising with is no longer on the board, but yes, Snorklin'barb and Dolphins are legends in their own time. Speaking of Klaus, he's another legend!! Another in the same thread was James Deeriing, who was the HD on our first ever cruise, the Star in 2002. It's guys like him that have kept us coming back to NCL, giving us no reason to look elsewhere.

Talk to you later, off to dreamland!!

• 6 years later...

Is this the Gede you are speaking of? If so he's on the breakaway working at the martini bar. He's our favorite since 2010. Cruised with him 4 times now. He's the best!

Hey. We are traveling on the Star in March 2015, can someone recommend a bar server, bartender? We enjoyed our last cruise on the Pearl and found R. Tan to be a fantastic, fun server!:)

Are you aware that you replied to a post from 2008?

Anyways, have a great cruise.

We loved Dancho, a bar server on Breakaway in July 2014.

Cheers!

~Robin

Every Day at Sea is a Great Day

When we went on the Pearl in 2007 we met Julio Calix who was our pool server. He took such great care of us and never let our drinks get empty. He'd even have our drinks waiting every day when we'd arrive for happy hour.

In 2012 we went on the Epic and had our very first drink of the cruise at the pool bar. The bartender had this huge grin on his face when he poured our drinks. My husband turned to me and said he would swear that was Julio. When he came back we asked him if he had worked on the Pearl 5 years earlier. The huge smile came back on his face and he said "Mr Erik, I knew that was you!" It was amazing he remembered our names 5 years later and was like a family reunion. I guess the big tip we game him the first cruise paid off because he made sure all the bartenders at the pool bar knew us and took good care of us to the point that they would find us by the pool if two barstools opened up.

We're going back on Epic this spring but last I heard Julio had been promoted and is now on one of the newer ships.

julio.jpg.3605d87928373e49d2a9d663ad6619a5.jpg

Edited by lbrandon

Hey. We are traveling on the Star in March 2015, can someone recommend a bar server, bartender? We enjoyed our last cruise on the Pearl and found R. Tan to be a fantastic, fun server!:)

We cruised the Star in December 2012 and found Toya (nickname I think) to be the best! He was always in the Biergarten and made the BEST mojitos! He made them so good he spoiled me to all others.