Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Ports of Call > Caribbean > St. Lucia

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Old March 10th, 2013, 09:09 AM
Cool Cruiser

Default What to do close by the port?

We will be in St Lucia in November on the carnival valor...none of their excursions appeal to me and not sure I want to book another tour on my own (just out of fear of too much to do everyday!). Without renting a car is there anything to see or do of local interest that is walking distance from the pier?

Old March 10th, 2013, 03:42 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by briehon View Post
We will be in St Lucia in November on the carnival valor...none of their excursions appeal to me and not sure I want to book another tour on my own (just out of fear of too much to do everyday!). Without renting a car is there anything to see or do of local interest that is walking distance from the pier?
There is very little in the way of interest within walking distance of the port, but there are a few things.
Derek Walcott Square is lovely little park in the heart of the city, along with the Cathedral, which is pretty and worth a visit. The Castries Craft & Food Market is just across the road from the piers - large open air area with orange roof - loads of local and handcrafted souvenirs and a large food and spice market - recently rated #3 in the world by NatGeo. You can walk to Vigie beach, about 25 minutes and take a dip if you like, along with a few local food shacks for a bite.
Otherwise, most things would require a car ride.
Enjoy your visit.