Island escape hibernating for the winter again

Cruisingboyo

The escape is being pulled from sailings for this winter again. She will back to the Med in april 12. Her sailings up until the 14th December from Cyprus are being replaced by the Thomson celebration.. And after then sailings cancelled for the rest of the winter. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. If your booked to go then youll be getting a call from your agent soon.

Not Happy but there is not a lot I can do, have checked the dates we were meant to be sailing and nothing :D

That will be interesting :p I can feel another upgrade coming :D

Is it true? Have you heard anything from Thomson? AND where's the heatwave? certainly not here, cool and rainy.:eek:

Jan

Yes it is true, went into TA in Ipswich today. Thomsons are cutting back.

Oh dear! and they've got your cruise for next week online for £440.:eek:

Never mind you can drink the difference with your AI, lol.:D:D

Jan

The escape is being pulled from sailings for this winter again. She will back to the Med in april 12. Her sailings up until the 14th December from Cyprus are being replaced by the Thomson celebration.. And after then sailings cancelled for the rest of the winter. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. If your booked to go then youll be getting a call from your agent soon.

O dear I was looking to book spirit of the med for 3rd april 12.It is still showing on the thomson website.

Looks like I will be on Thomson Destiny for Christmas :) leaving on the 23rd rather than the 21st, upgraded and an extra £50 onboard spend each :D

Hate it when it all goes Pete Tong :p

UPDATE!!!!!!!

Just had a call from Thomo rep and she told me, I would have to pay more because the Destiny is a more upmarket ship (£200) and I will have to pay £49 each for the drinks package where before we had the drinks package included...cheeky Ba******

Me thinks I will look further afield than thomo in the future...they have lost a good customer who has had 2 sometimes 3 cruises a year. and I will use the power of the INTERNET to vent my fury :mad:

Shocking R.R. Don't blame you. We had a few minor problems with Thomsons before our recent cruise. Made me think twice about booking with them again. Now this has made my mind up. Royal Carribean next yr i think.

Cheek! From what I've heard Destiny has tiny little cabins. I think they've got a nerve trying to get more money out of you. Great start to your holiday.

Jan

due to sail from cyprus on nov, 9. does this mean our ship has been changed or am i reading it wrong.

If it's correct it looks like you'll be on the Celebration. I think.:confused: You'd better get onto Thomson about it.

Jan

is there much difference between the IE and the Celebration. bearing in mind this is our first cruise.

Well, they're both a bit long in the tooth, lol. We've been on both and when you hove into port alongside one of the new cruise ships they do look a bit puny. The plus side is that there are not thousands and thousands of passengers so they're a bit more intimate.

The Celebration does have a slight vibration all the time which some people notice more than others, we did, lol. The Spirit is basically the same ship and suffers from it too. The Celebration is a bit more formal with a Captains Gala Night where you can dress up for dinner on that night, it also has waiter service in the restaurant if you like that kind of thing. The IE has a buffet restaurant but it is still dressed with tablecloths and settings. The dress code is less formal on the IE but on both you can use the informal Lido and Beachcomber for dinner if you prefer.

We prefer the layout of the IE personally and we find is easier to get about the ship but that's just us as we like to get about when onboard. We also like the Cafe Brasil on the IE as we like a cappuccino.

Whatever! you'll have a great time on your cruise.:):)

Jan

Sent a mail to Johan Lundgren MD of TUI UK lets see where that gets me :D

I'll be surprised if it doesn't get you somewhere.

I have e-mailed there before with a problem, put my name and address down, a few days later someone phoned, and they had details of previous holidays i'd done, so obviously did his homework before ringing, we had an half an hour chat and sorted things out to my satisfaction.

Archived