Gumbalimba Park vs Fins and Flippers

dalgirl

My son (22) and I (not telling;)) are trying to decide on the ships exursion to Gumbalimba Park or to do Fins and Flippers on our own. Which of these would be best for adults? I like to see a lot of things and he would be happy to lay around on the beach, maybe snorkle, but he will do whichever I prefer.

I just got back from the Valor. We went to fins and flippers which cost us 25 a piece +tax. I had an amazing time! It was a very pretty place. The pool was great, the lounge chairs were great, and the beach was fantastic. The snorkeling was amazing! The water is incredibly warm which made it nice. Off the pier, there is about 4 feet of water all around with some high coral. When you move about 100 feet past the pier, there is a shelf which drops significantly. There, you can find even larger fish which was awesome!!! I have some great pictures.

Also, bring bug spray. There are some nasty gnats that like to bite. They are almost like mosquito bites and will itch and raise. Mine went away after a day, my girlfriend still has some.

My suggestion would be fins and flippers. Great relaxing day!

Oh, and also, there is a guy on a kayak when you snorkel to make sure everythign goes okay!

We just got back from Fins and Flippers and I must say it was great. Very clean and the snorkeling was terrific.

We ordered the first 4 items on the menu plus all 6 of us ordered the very best Pina Colado I’ve ever had and it all came out to be something like 68.00.

The food is wonderful and the drinks were amazing.

They are building a zoo and already have some monkeys and a leopard there. Iguanas roam the Island freely and so does what they call Island rabbits.

If you make reservations and tell them once you get there it’s only 20.00 a person for the day. We really did enjoy this place and was a highlight of our cruise.

We are thinking of going to F&F but want to explore a little before we go there. Can we catch the boat at any time? What about getting back?

I don't think you can come later unless you are coming from another Anthony Key excursion.

We did have a few people come later and they said that they had been on the Anthony Key interacting with dolphins tour. Once everyone was over to the Island I didn’t see the boat leave the dock until it was time to go back.

You might want to e-mail them and ask them to be sure.

You can't leave FF when you want to? I was hoping for some flexibility to leave when we want.

The water taxi runs every 30 minutes, on the hour and half hour. You can come and go as you want. The water taxi tends to stay on the other side a bit more to bring passengers over, but if you let them know that you want to leave and the water taxi is not there, they will call it for you. You can come over anytime during the day, it doesn't matter what time you get there

Oh, and also, there is a guy on a kayak when you snorkel to make sure everythign goes okay!

We'll be there next month and can't wait. For those of you who have been snorkeling, can you go out as long as you want? Do you have to let them know so they send the guy in the kayak or is there just someone out there all the time?

Archived