Enchantment of the Seas Delayed at Cruise Maryland

Radio

Hello everyone. . .My friend is onboard Enchantment of the Seas, and has phoned me to let me know that the Ship is still docked at Cruise Maryland (at the Port of Baltimore)

Enchantment was scheduled to sail today at 4:00PM for a 9 Night Bahamas/Florida Cruise.

Capt Gus Andersson announced that there is engine trouble, and the ship will remain in Baltimore while the Coast Guard comes on board to diagnose the concern.

The Captain announced that the next report should be a 7:30PM.

I hope all is well with Enchantment of the Seas.

Radio

;);)

9NBHSEN.JPG

/

Hello everyone. . .My friend is onboard Enchantment of the Seas, and has phoned me to let me know that the Ship is still docked at Cruise Maryland (at the Port of Baltimore)

Enchantment was scheduled to sail today at 4:00PM for a 9 Night Bahamas/Florida Cruise.

Capt Gus Andersson announced that there is engine trouble, and the ship will remain in Baltimore while the Coast Guard comes on board to diagnose the concern.

The Captain announced that the next report should be a 7:30PM.

I hope all is well with Enchantment of the Seas.

Radio

;);)

/

We are sailing on her on the 27th... Hopefully the guests on board get to take their trip.

Here is the update. . .Cruise Critic Member, TPKeller just called to tell me that Capt Gus Andersson just announced at 7:30 that there will be an Assessment Team bought on board to determine the scope of the damage.

It appears that one of the engines is down. . . The Assessment Team is on the way and is scheduled to arrive by 9:30PM.

It will take the Assessment Team about 3 hours to determine a decision once onboard.

Capt Gus Andersson suggested that he will not make another announcement this evening, because he doesn't want to wake passengers up from sleep, but will announce tomorrow morning where Enchantmewnt of the Seas is at. . . Or. . .if they happen to still be at the port, hewill give details on the work.

Radio

;);)

Here is the update. . .Cruise Critic Member, TPKeller just called to tell me that Capt Gus Andersson just announced at 7:30 that there will be an Assessment Team bought on board to determine the scope of the damage.

It appears that one of the engines is down. . . The Assessment Team is on the way and is scheduled to arrive by 9:30PM.

It will take the Assessment Team about 3 hours to determine a decision once onboard.

Capt Gus Andersson suggested that he will not make another announcement this evening, because he doesn't want to wake passengers up from sleep, but will announce tomorrow morning where Enchantmewnt of the Seas is at. . . Or. . .if they happen to still be at the port, hewill give details on the work.

Radio

;);)

Bet a bunch of folks will be up late wanting to know....guess it would be upwards of 1am before they will know for sure...wonder what happened to the engine.

Gosh, my heart goes out to fellow cruises! What a let down!

One thing for certain is that RCI is going to do everything humanly possible to get that engine fixed!

Radio, thanks for the updates!

Does anyone know if there are webcams at the Baltimore Port? I've tried googling but haven't come up with anything solid.

Best,

Sunny

I am currently sitting on the EOS and all Radio has been saying is true. The Capitan came over the PA to let us know that a team will be here around 9:30 to start the assessment of the ship and they will not have an answer until sometime around 1am. Needless to say tension is starting to run high on this boat. This is my first Royal Caribbean cruise and needless to say it is not starting off on a good note. Hopefully we will be at sea when I wake up tomorrow morning.

Radio

;);)

Wow... Possible blown motor. How long does that take to replace??? Definately not safe to run without full power. If they get it fixed in a day, what port gets the axe so that they can still make a trip?

Strange they couldn't sail with the one engine not working. We were on Vision of the Seas a few years back(2006) and did a whole cruise with one engine out. Granted we missed one port but hit all the others. We just traveled at a slower speed. I believe if I remember right they fixed the engine on the turn around day the day we got off the ship at the end of the cruise.

Talk about a messed up looking wake...

Jimbo:)

Strange they couldn't sail with the one engine not working. We were on Vision of the Seas a few years back and did a whole cruise with one engine out. Granted we missed one port but hit all the others. We just traveled at a slower speed. I believe if I remember right they fixed the engine on the turn around day the day we got off the ship at the end of the cruise.

Talk about a messed up looking wake...

Jimbo:)

Kind of like when I was on EX after the prop incident a couple years ago...we skipped SJU, had a full day (like 7-11PM or so) in STT and a really funky looking wake! Of course, all the passengers had to take a turn rowing!:D

In all seriousness, I hope they can get it fixed (or put on the marine equivalent of a band aid) and get out of dodge ASAP!

to those on the ship...fingers crossed...grab a beverage....and hope for the best!

Wonder what will happen if the ship can't leave before the Pride comes in to dock tomorrow. Safety is most important but the port can only handle one ship at a time.

There are many berths that Enchantment can dock at the Port of Baltimore. . .

Radio

;);)

Archived