Victoria to Vancouver for cruise embarkation

This one is new to me as we may be moving to the Victoria area imminently and have a cruise booked.

Need to get from the Victoria 'burbs (west/south west so away from the usual transportation links) to Vancouver for a cruise. We'd normally get there by transit/bus/evo but that is living in the lower mainland.

YYJ is a long way away and then you have to get from YVR. There seems to be only 1 BC Ferries Connector that leaves at 0730 from downtown. Bus to Swartz Bay is at least 2 changes of busses. Who knows if the V2V ferry will be running by then.

Probably too much baggage - though we are travelling light - for HeliJet or float planes.

Any options I'm missing?

We're going to be away for a month and will probably fly to YYJ and taxi from there.

Getting on the ship in Victoria is not an option as the ship doesn't stop here.

How far away is YYJ from where you're living? If you're living in Victoria its probably only about a 45 minute drive. If leaving the same day, I would fly over instead of trusting the ferry. Perhaps you could go over the day before and spend one night in Vancouver.

48 km. We haven't really thought out the logistics as we only put an offer in for the house this past week, just before final payment (which we made).

We'll be gone for about a month or maybe more so probably not worth leaving the car at the airport.

There are plenty of BCFC buses - just don't search for routes to Canada Place as most do not go there. From Pacific Central station is less than $15 by cab and all of their departures will open up if you use that as the end point (and it's a cheaper ticket - unless you're going solo it's better value to get to the bus station and take a cab too!)

Metchosin.

Thanks about the tip for end point. I was choosing Canada Place which may be why there is only the 0730 departure.

At any rate, just found out about a deal breaking issue!

A deal breaking issue? That sounds serious. With the house? Hope it all works out for the best. Many years ago, we had a purchase fall through and I think the house we ended up purchasing after that worked out much better for us so in the end it was a good thing.

I had the same problem with the BC Connector website. It isn't very user friendly. Vancouver Bus Terminal list Fairmont Hotel Vancouver as a stop. That's a bit closer to Canada Place than the Bus Terminal.

Our luggage is less than 50 pounds each so we decided to take Helijet. It will allow us to have a more leisurely start in Victoria while still providing most of the day in Vancouver. The time savings was worth the extra cost (perhaps more important to us as we are just visiting, not living in BC). Harbour Air, says you can take an additional 150 pounds of luggage by buying an extra seat.