Pros/Cons of Little French Key vs Infinity Bay/Bananarama/another beach

jessandtwo

I am looking at doing Daniel Johnson's with Rony's and he says we can also do LFK with that or another beach club. Can someone tell me the pros/cons of LFK over something like Infinity Bay or Bananarama or somewhere else?

We've never been to Roatan and really don't know which is better.

I am also struggling with this decision. The price for LFK is steep Daniel Johnson will pick you up take you to see the monkeys, and then to Parrottree, which looks pretty nice then back to the boat for $30. I am finding that hard to beat. LFK is now $88 for me and $44 for my kids. That is an expensive beach day. It does look amazing though.

I believe the answer depends on what you seek in a beach. I don't like anything about LFK, mostly because zoos make me ill and they have been deceitful about the animals.

Infinity and Bananarama are on West Bay beach which is farther away than Parrot Tree and LFK.

Parrot Tree has man made lagoon-ish beach.

The easy access reef snorkeling steps from your lounger is Infinity or Tabyana both on West Bay Beach.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Forums mobile app

• 2 months later...
I am also struggling with this decision. The price for LFK is steep Daniel Johnson will pick you up take you to see the monkeys, and then to Parrottree, which looks pretty nice then back to the boat for $30. I am finding that hard to beat. LFK is now $88 for me and $44 for my kids. That is an expensive beach day. It does look amazing though.

Can you tell me where you are getting the pricing or package for this? All I see is his fb page and I can't find any packages to pick from. We would love to go to see the sloths and then on to something else. I would love to head back to West Bay but I hear that it's 1 hour away? Can anyone confirm?

When you mention he would take you to Parrot Tree, does the $30 include an admission to there?

Can you tell me where you are getting the pricing or package for this? All I see is his fb page and I can't find any packages to pick from. We would love to go to see the sloths and then on to something else. I would love to head back to West Bay but I hear that it's 1 hour away? Can anyone confirm?

When you mention he would take you to Parrot Tree, does the $30 include an admission to there?

I had found this thread during my research - you can use the search engine at the top of this forum -

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=52530216&postcount=2

We have stopped at Parrot Tree many years ago for a few hours and lunch at no charge as described in email. However we have also paid $10 for a pass to include welcome drink and use of facilities (swimming pool) on another occasion. The welcome drink was weak, and probably not worth it, but use of pool was important to us. I would confirm directly if it is important to you - I know generally you are not bothered but I can't imagine you would find swimming in the lagoon that exciting, although I think you can book offshore snorkeling.

Also, since we are often a group of only two, I would want to confirm that price of $30 applies to a group of two, (probably not relevant in your case). Roatan tour guides generally have a sliding scale for parties of different sizes.

I am sure West Bay is easily an hour away.

I had found this thread during my research - you can use the search engine at the top of this forum -

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=52530216&postcount=2

We have stopped at Parrot Tree many years ago for a few hours and lunch at no charge as described in email. However we have also paid $10 for a pass to include welcome drink and use of facilities (swimming pool) on another occasion. The welcome drink was weak, and probably not worth it, but use of pool was important to us. I would confirm directly if it is important to you - I know generally you are not bothered but I can't imagine you would find swimming in the lagoon that exciting, although I think you can book offshore snorkeling.

Also, since we are often a group of only two, I would want to confirm that price of $30 applies to a group of two, (probably not relevant in your case). Roatan tour guides generally have a sliding scale for parties of different sizes.

I am sure West Bay is easily an hour away.

I did end up emailing him and the link you provided was the exact verbiage I received back from Daniel. I guess I'll have to pick a package. Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
I did end up emailing him and the link you provided was the exact verbiage I received back from Daniel. I guess I'll have to pick a package. Thanks

Mitsugirly,

Sorry to hijack a thread, but I consider you quite the expert. I contacted the LFK folks with a question about our reservation and only received back the standard language they already sent which does not answer my question. So, my question is, is there a specific time you have to meet the driver? It's not listed anywhere. I don't know if we can have a leisurely breakfast on the ship and then get off after some of the crowds. Do they constantly come to the area to pick you up? I have heard you can leave LFK whenever you want to to go back, but can't find any info on going out. Help would be appreciated! Thank you!

Amy

Mitsugirly,

Sorry to hijack a thread, but I consider you quite the expert. I contacted the LFK folks with a question about our reservation and only received back the standard language they already sent which does not answer my question. So, my question is, is there a specific time you have to meet the driver? It's not listed anywhere. I don't know if we can have a leisurely breakfast on the ship and then get off after some of the crowds. Do they constantly come to the area to pick you up? I have heard you can leave LFK whenever you want to to go back, but can't find any info on going out. Help would be appreciated! Thank you!

Amy

Well now I'm blushing. Although I don't consider myself an expert by any means, I do try to help as many people out that I can based on my personal experiences. But I thank you for your kind words. :)

As for what time to leave, they usually want you to get off the ship as soon as you can to meet the driver. They will have your names and be waiting on you (everyone) at the port. As for having a leisurely breakfast and get off after the crowds, that would hold up others that may have gotten off and waiting on everyone, with potentially them leaving you behind.

I guess if you wanted to get off the ship at your own pace, you could always pay for the taxi to get there yourself (where normally the trip is included in your price with LFK).

Yes, you are welcome to leave the island any time you would like by just catching one of the ferries going back and forth from the island to the restaurant. Once at the restaurant (Frenchy's 44), they will get you a ride back to the port.

This is usually the email they send about pick-up information. I am copying from my previous emails.

Our Drivers, Dave or Larry will be waiting for you at the port since

>> >> before your

>> >> ship arrives, please don't worry about your arrival or departure

>> time,

>> >> we

>> >> will make sure you get picked up as early as possible and returned to

>> >> the

>> >> port on time to maximize your stay with us.... Dave or Larry will

>> pick

>> >> you

>> >> up as

>> >> soon as you can disembark. Due to port rules you need to walk a short

>> >> distance to outside of the port´s gate to meet with our driver.

>> >>

>> >> Dave or larry will be wearing a polo shirt with our Logos, ¨Little

>> >> French

>> >> Key¨ on the back, and ¨Frenchy´s 44¨on the front, they will be

>> holding

>> >> up

>> >> a sign with "Little French Key" written. Dave or Larry will be the

>> first

>> >> person to your right as you exit the gate and

>> >> if you ask any one at the port for Little French Key driver, they

>> will

>> >> point you in the right direction.

Hopefully this will help you. They usually have pretty good communication, but internet on the islands can be spotty, then I'm not sure when you have attempted to contact them, but...although the hurricane wasn't in this area, it possibly could have affected it. Maybe? I'm not sure, just my thoughts. If you still have questions or want confirmation and don't hear from them, I would continue to attempt to reach out to them. Just my thoughts. :)

Well now I'm blushing. Although I don't consider myself an expert by any means, I do try to help as many people out that I can based on my personal experiences. But I thank you for your kind words. :)

As for what time to leave, they usually want you to get off the ship as soon as you can to meet the driver. They will have your names and be waiting on you (everyone) at the port. As for having a leisurely breakfast and get off after the crowds, that would hold up others that may have gotten off and waiting on everyone, with potentially them leaving you behind.

I guess if you wanted to get off the ship at your own pace, you could always pay for the taxi to get there yourself (where normally the trip is included in your price with LFK).

Yes, you are welcome to leave the island any time you would like by just catching one of the ferries going back and forth from the island to the restaurant. Once at the restaurant (Frenchy's 44), they will get you a ride back to the port.

This is usually the email they send about pick-up information. I am copying from my previous emails.

Our Drivers, Dave or Larry will be waiting for you at the port since

>> >> before your

>> >> ship arrives, please don't worry about your arrival or departure

>> time,

>> >> we

>> >> will make sure you get picked up as early as possible and returned to

>> >> the

>> >> port on time to maximize your stay with us.... Dave or Larry will

>> pick

>> >> you

>> >> up as

>> >> soon as you can disembark. Due to port rules you need to walk a short

>> >> distance to outside of the port´s gate to meet with our driver.

>> >>

>> >> Dave or larry will be wearing a polo shirt with our Logos, ¨Little

>> >> French

>> >> Key¨ on the back, and ¨Frenchy´s 44¨on the front, they will be

>> holding

>> >> up

>> >> a sign with "Little French Key" written. Dave or Larry will be the

>> first

>> >> person to your right as you exit the gate and

>> >> if you ask any one at the port for Little French Key driver, they

>> will

>> >> point you in the right direction.

Hopefully this will help you. They usually have pretty good communication, but internet on the islands can be spotty, then I'm not sure when you have attempted to contact them, but...although the hurricane wasn't in this area, it possibly could have affected it. Maybe? I'm not sure, just my thoughts. If you still have questions or want confirmation and don't hear from them, I would continue to attempt to reach out to them. Just my thoughts. :)

Mitsugirly,

Yes this does help. I got the info from them but it was probably just wishful thinking. It was not explicit about time so I hoped we did not have to fight our way off the ship with the masses and could wait for it to die down a bit. Because I couldn't quite be sure if it was just one trip/one group or multiple opportunities. Oh, well! We sure do not want to hold people up!

Mitsugirly,

Yes this does help. I got the info from them but it was probably just wishful thinking. It was not explicit about time so I hoped we did not have to fight our way off the ship with the masses and could wait for it to die down a bit. Because I couldn't quite be sure if it was just one trip/one group or multiple opportunities. Oh, well! We sure do not want to hold people up!

Well I will say this place has really exploded (since the first time I went there) both in the amount of people that now go there and expansion of the activities they now offer there.

The first time we went, we were the only one's that came outside the port and went there at that time and walked out and they had a private driver waiting on us...there and back.

By the second time, they had a van dedicated to LFK to pick up groups of people.

By the third, several vans to pick up groups of people. So, it just keeps on increasing.

I'm always super excited to get to my destination and enjoy my day, so I'm always some of the first people off the ship. However, I will say that just because we do as they say and get off asap, not everyone does and we still wait for a small amount of time.

So the first time, as soon as we got there we left.

Second time, we got off the ship at 9:40 and out of the compound, then was zooming off at 10:10...so 1/2 hour.

The third time, looking at my picture time stamps and review...it was an hour from getting off ship to pulling away.

:D

We went to LFK last year, had a leisurely breakfast, waited for all the crowds getting off the ship, then walked down the road and found the LFK van. There were 6 of us, so the van left as soon as we got on, so we weren't holding anyone up. I would say this was about 9:30 or 10. Throughout the day they have vans picking people up, and then the boats to come back whenever there are enough people, about 8-10. It was rather pricey, but the place was nice, clean, lots to do. They have a variety of packages with different prices based on what you want to do. You pay when you get to the dock where the boat takes you to the island. LFK was highly recommended by several friends who have made multiple trips there.

I know I would be sort of cheating myself out of time there (and, yes it's expensive!) if I went later, and I am willing to accept that. But since there's only two of us I guess we better just deal with the huge push off the ship and go as soon as possible. I just really hate that mass exodus! At least this is not the tender port because FTTF was never available for me on this cruise.