best way to add third person to a cabin

Let me clarify my question. I have not booked anything.

I'm looking for tips from those who have booked a cabin for two, but add another person, and what was the markup for the third person, when you do it all in advance?

Thanks.

It depends. Most times the 3rd person is cheaper, but I have seen where that is not the case such as high demand times when families tend to travel. It's not as simple as adding another person to a 2 person cabin. Now you will need a cabin for 3 and I believe they will reprice the entire cabin at going rates because you totally changed the dynamics. It's not like adding another person to a solo booking because the single had to pay for 2 anyway. I have done the latter before so know about that one firsthand.

If you want to go ahead and book for 3 from the start, then the best advice I can give you is to look at rates on your own for the sailings you may be interested in. Or call a PVP.

I've booked a cabin for 3 several times. I go on the Carnival site, look under book a cruise. Pick a date, a destination, a ship, and do a mock booking. It will walk you through all the info, and tell you exactly how much the cruise will cost.

In our case, we just take the total cost, and divide it by 3.

I don't actually book on line, but either use my PVP, or an online TA service.

They can usually add a little perk to your booking.

Good Luck

We just did this. Had to cancel the room next to ours (Empress, porthole) and my kids got moved to Main, inside cabin. I was a bit peeved about this, as when we got there, they had a COT for the third person. If that was the case, why weren't they next to us? I had a 17y.o. and really wanted her near me to make sure she made it back every night. The other two girls are 19 and 21. Not to mention, they had a outside view and then got stuck with interior.

You can't put 3 in a cabin with only 2 beds...and even if you have a cabin with more beds, it may not be possible, due to lifeboat capacity. If you think there will be 3, book it from the get-go...and cancel one later, if you need to.