Post CRUISE LINE Single Supplement/Solo Bargains HERE

cruisinryan

Carnival Cabin Categories

Hi: I'm trying to understand the different cabin categories used by Carnival.

Is there a description of them anywhere.

Are they different from ship to ship?

I see both an IS and 1A on Freedom, Miracle and Valor. And IS also on Fascination but do not know what this means.

My understanding is that Category 1A is an Upper/Lower with/or without a Porthole.

Can anyone tell me what kind of cabin an IS is?

Thank you.

IS is a guaranteed inside cabin. You will at least be assigned an inside with two twins that convert to a king. You may be upgraded to a porthole or an oceanview or perhaps higher, but that's not usual. You may end up with an inside on a higher deck. Cross your fingers! If you look at the deck plan you can see which 1A's have portholes and can book those if you like.

Carnival Cabin Categories

Hi: I'm trying to understand the different cabin categories used by Carnival.

Is there a description of them anywhere.

Are they different from ship to ship?

I see both an IS and 1A on Freedom, Miracle and Valor. And IS also on Fascination but do not know what this means.

My understanding is that Category 1A is an Upper/Lower with/or without a Porthole.

Can anyone tell me what kind of cabin an IS is?

Thank you.

I think on the Miracle the 1A cabins are actually regular insides. There are a few in the aft and some forward on the lowest deck.

On the Freedom and Valor the 1A's have a single bed and a sofa. There are a few oddshaped cabin like at the very front of the ship that don't have portholes. They're almost like a mini, mini, mini suite.

Are supplements sometimes 150% of the single rate? I ask because I've been looking at cruising options for 2013 and saw a 7 night Mediterranean cruise with OV of $899 pp with 2 in cabin. But, when I priced it for a single it was $2223. I guess I didn't know the supplement was ever that much.

Edited by ILoveScotland

cruise deck plans dot com will give you the exact location, category, and type of sleeping arrangements on any ship they have listed.

I love cruise deck plans dot com. There's a small membership fee, but it's for a life time so no renewal.

There are even pictures submitted by passengers of different categories of cabins.

Are supplements sometimes 150% of the single rate? I ask because I've been looking at cruising options for 2013 and saw a 7 night Mediterranean cruise with OV of $899 pp with 2 in cabin. But, when I priced it for a single it was $2223. I guess I didn't know the supplement was ever that much.

Hi, yes, supplements can vary and 150% would be one sometimes

offered.

Yes, single supplements can be 150% or even lower. I've taken cruises where it was waived completely. Problem is they are usually difficult to find. It's either by chance or someone else reports it. But I've never seen a cruise line announce it. Was the $2,223 for a single the exact same cabin as the $899 for 2? Probably the 2 in a cabin rate you saw for $899 is for a guaranty category which most times will not be offered to singles.

Yes, single supplements can be 150% or even lower. I've taken cruises where it was waived completely. Problem is they are usually difficult to find. It's either by chance or someone else reports it. But I've never seen a cruise line announce it. Was the $2,223 for a single the exact same cabin as the $899 for 2? Probably the 2 in a cabin rate you saw for $899 is for a guaranty category which most times will not be offered to singles.

I checked again pricing for 2 people I realized that the $899 is a Guaranty category with the regular OV at $1112 so the $2223 is 100% mark up. No Guaranty listed for single.

IS is a guaranteed inside cabin. You will at least be assigned an inside with two twins that convert to a king...

Are you sure that a guaranteed inside will have two twins? It's not possible to be assigned an inside lower/upper?

Hi again.

This week, I've seen single-occupancy prices for inside cabins on Costa Serena's 7-day fall 2012 Mediterranean cruises at around $649 plus taxes and tips.

It appears that Costa has lowered double-occupancy fares and the single supplement on Concordia's sister ship.

Like the title says: Not for everyone.

Fort Lauderdale CCL Freedom 8N March 24 $866.72 1A GTY Solo Total

Hi just booked this... $758 Solo 1A Gty Rm + $108.72 T&F= $866.72

Opportunity just opened up and I called for IS. Was told this was available; will be my first time trying a 1A but should be fine with me; I'm an old tent camper,ha!

Fort Lauderdale CCL Freedom 8N March 24 $866.72 1A GTY Solo Total

Hi just booked this... $758 Solo 1A Gty Rm + $108.72 T&F= $866.72

Opportunity just opened up and I called for IS. Was told this was available; will be my first time trying a 1A but should be fine with me; I'm an old tent camper,ha!

You'll be fine with a 1A on the Freedom, which is Conquest class. Some of the Conquest class 1As even have portholes, and I love them! With an IS, you'll probably get an inside but it will still be fine.

The 1As to avoid are on Fantasy class-- small, and can't sit up in bed to watch TV because the extra fold-down bed is right behind you, in the wrong place-- so you have to sit in the little chair. But I've slept on deck on sailboats, so any cabin works for me if the price is right!

I haven't been on the boards in a long time. I haven't been on a cruise in a long time!

Finally found what I've been looking for for so long....

7 night

So. Caribbean

Balcony

Sailing solo

$789 + 45.54

$100 onboard credit

(Serenade, April 14)

My first cruise in over a decade. I'm not sure I remember how! :D

I haven't been on the boards in a long time. I haven't been on a cruise in a long time!

Finally found what I've been looking for for so long....

7 night

So. Caribbean

Balcony

Sailing solo

$789 + 45.54

$100 onboard credit

(Serenade, April 14)

My first cruise in over a decade. I'm not sure I remember how! :D

That is so amazing. Congrats! How's the airfare? Don't forget about ChoiceAir. They sometimes come thru with great rates. I saved over $1400. booking my return flight from Europe with them.