Question about docking in Venice

Our ship, the Millennium, arrives in Venice on the 15th and leaves on the 16th. I've heard that the ship will dock outside of San Marcos Square. What will they use to transport people? Tenders?

Thanks

According to the Celebrity website the pier is not at St. Marks Square, but not too far away. Here are directions to the Port of Venice

Here is a map. To see the map and information in English, click on the little flag at the top of the page.

I have never been there, so I can't be of much practical help, but according to the cruise terminal map there appears to be a shuttle from St. Marks to the pier. I don't know how often it runs but I guess I'll find out in about 18 days!!! :D

I will try to answer questions like this when I return from my Millennium cruise in early July.

We have just returned from the Milli disembarking in Venice. We docked at the pier which is NOT near St. Marco square. The ship provided a vaparetto on our arrival day to St. Marco. I do not know if the service was a courtesy on disembarkation day as we did not use it. The Piazza Roma is a convoluted walk from the ship. If you plan on doing this make sure you have very good directions.

The cruise was terrific and I hope you enjoy it as much as we did.

We also just got back from the Millie, and yes Celebrity Cruises provided a Vaporetto shuttle to St. Mark´s square. The ride took aprox. 10-15 minutes and it was on service from our arrival to Venice until 11:45 PM that night.

We were on the Star Princess last year and they had a large (approx. 50 people) taxi service. I believe there were 2 taxis that you could use. If I remember they gave tickets to everyone on their cabin doors and if you used them you were charged $10/pp. If you did not intend to use the taxis you had to return your ticket to the purser's desk by sometime in the am.

The ride is about 15 minutes - very slow no wake zone the whole way and they usually wait until there is a fairly full boat to start off. The views are great each way!

Enjoy your cruise!:)

Archived