Diving Cozumel and CAyman March 1 and 2

ScubaCruiser54

I used Scuba with Alison in Cozumel the last two times I have been there. I can't say enough about her. 65 for two tanks, dive your computer so if you don't use as much air as other people in the group she stays down with you so you get to use your tank. I will use her anytime I am in Cozumel for sure. And her boat is faster than any others I have seen on the island which is nice.

We are going to Cozumel and Cayman aboard Voyager of the Seas.

We will dive at Cozumel for sure and possibly Grand Cayman.

Arrive Cozumel sometime around 7:00 am.

Arrive Grand Cayman around 10:00 am and have to tender.

Any thoughts on dive operators???

In Cozumel there is a great small company called Dive with Cristina. Luis and Cristina are both dive masters and they are great. The dive boat Nena is clean and well maintained. They only take small groups. I have done over 100 dives all over the world and Luis is hands down the best dive master I have ever has the pleasure to dive with - anywhere. He has some special PADI dive master certification that only a handful of people in the world have (can't remember what it is called). Their prices are great, especially considering that they give you drinks and lunch. I have dove with them twice and had an really great experience both times. If you dive with them tell them Julie sent you!

I had the best dive experience last month with Dive with Cristinia in Cozumel. ILuis and Cristina are the dive masters with this small dive company. The dive boat "Nena" is clean and well maintained. They only take small groups. I have done over 100 dives all over the world and Luis is hands down the best dive master I have ever has the pleasure to dive with - anywhere. He has some special PADI dive master certification that only a handful of people in the world have (can't remember what it is called but I think he said only 40 people in the world have his same experience as a dive master). Their prices are great, especially considering that they give you water and lunch with amazing guacamole. I have dove with them twice and had really great experiences both times. If you dive with them tell them Julie sent you! Luis is amazing with new divers or someone who has not gone in a while too.

• 2 weeks later...

I see you've already made plans, but wanted to throw this out there for anyone else who might stumble on this thread. I just returned from a week in Cozumel and I dove with "Dive with Martin" this time. Haven't seen them mentioned much on here, but if thought I would mention them because of how convenient they would be for anyone who docks at the International Pier. They are literally at the end of the pier and their boats head out at 7:30 AM (which for any Florida departures would be 8:30 ships time). I mention this because the 2 times I've been diving in Cozumel on cruises, my dives were timed so that I had no time left for anything else either before or after diving. Had I gone out with them, I would have been back to shore by lunch time and been able to see more of the island. Of course I wouldn't recommend them if I didn't think they did a great job as well. An added bonus is their rates include all gear except wetsuits.

Looks like most of the Carnival and Royal Caribbean Ships used the International pier the week I was there. The Puerta Maya Pier is about a 5 minute walk away.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived