Caye Caulker tour with Coral Breeze

mojosmama

I'm so glad you posted this question. I would love to know the answer to that myself. We were going to go to Bannister Island thru the cruise ship, but are re-thinking it. Originally I wanted to go to Caye Caulker, but was concerned about the long ride. Now I really think it would be worth the ride, so I guess we'll see what others say. I emailed Coral Breezes today with a couple of questions, and got a response within a few hours. Will watch this thread to see what replies are posted.

We will be doing this excursion on our February 12 NCL Star cruise out of Tampa. We were looking for a relaxing day on the beach, and didn't really want to zip-line or cave tube, so this seemed to fit the bill. We thought about taking the water taxi, but read some mixed reviews on their reliability, so decided that we'd pay a few more bucks for some peace of mind (I don't want to spend my day worried about getting back to the ship on time).

I'll let you know how it goes, if you have time to wait. Would love to hear from someone else who has done it.

Has anyone taken the Island Escape tour to Caye Caulker with Coral Breeze? I would love to get some feedback on this tour, we have never been to Belize before. Is it worth the long trip to the island?

We have snorkeled many times with Coral Breeze Tours over the past years & those that want to walk & look on Caye Caulker are dropped off on the island when their boat drops off the lunch orders & picks up bait for the Rays & Sharks.

The boat ride from the Tourist Village to Caye Caulker does not seem long at all as there are many new sites to see along the way & you are being told many interesting things about Belize by the group leader, Heni. I think it takes about 30 minutes to arrive at Caye Caulker.

Do a search here for info on Caye Caulker & also possibly Wade the Gringo will jump in here with the real scoop ? It is a real experience to walk the sand roads there & see just how the people there live their daily lives & where the only motorized mode of transportation is a golf cart or bike. A real cool spot.

Enjoy the boat ride & your day on Caye Caulker.

Bill in FL

I recently helped my kids (20 and 23) arrange this trip. After bringing them on 10 cruises they decided to cruise on their own with friends. They did the Coral Breeze caye caulker snorkeling tour including lunch. They really enjoyed their day. My son was not happy to have to wear a life vest or stay in line (2 things we have never had to do before) but he got over it quick once he got in the water. He absolutely loved the sharks and rays. They also thought the lunch was very good.

We really enjoyed visiting Caye Caulker. Our only regret was that the weather didn't fully cooperate. I was concerned about how rough the ride would be and the time to get there but it was fine. We just just walked the island looking for interesting places. Not sure if we felt we really needed to rent a golf cart but bikes would have been nice.

It's really 6 of one and half dozen the other choosing to go with Coral Breezes or taking a water taxi IMO. We took a water taxi it was a ok experience. We never felt like we were going to miss the boat (because we gave ourselves enough time on the return trip) but we were a bit delayed leaving on the way there (on time on the way back) and it was kind of awkward seating in the water taxi.

Has anyone taken the Island Escape tour to Caye Caulker with Coral Breeze? I would love to get some feedback on this tour, we have never been to Belize before. Is it worth the long trip to the island?

Not sure which cruise you are taking, but if it's on Royal Caribbean, you might want to make sure Coral Breeze can meet your schedule. We are going in a few weeks and when I went to book a reservation with them, this is the message I received:

Mariner of the Seas Passengers: Unfortunately, we cannot accommodate the port schedule of the Mariner of the Seas on February 16, 2012, for our tours to Caye Caulker.

Good luck.

Not sure which cruise you are taking, but if it's on Royal Caribbean, you might want to make sure Coral Breeze can meet your schedule. We are going in a few weeks and when I went to book a reservation with them, this is the message I received:

Mariner of the Seas Passengers: Unfortunately, we cannot accommodate the port schedule of the Mariner of the Seas on February 16, 2012, for our tours to Caye Caulker.

Good luck.

We'll be there April 12 and the ship is in port from 8-5, so I'm curious as to why they can't meet the schedule. :confused:

We'll be there April 12 and the ship is in port from 8-5, so I'm curious as to why they can't meet the schedule. :confused:

I thought the same thing so your guess is as good as mine. For us, Carnival has 2 ships in port the same day as us and are there from 8 - 5 (same as the Mariner) :confused:

I just emailed Coral Breeze and asked what the deal was. WIll report back when I get a reply.

That didn't take them long - their reply:

Thank you for getting in touch with us. We have to juggle our schedule each day to fit the itineraries of the Cruise ships. On Feb. 16, we've set aside our Caye Caulker tour for Carnival Legend passengers. For Mariner of the Seas passengers, we've set aside our Manatee Watch, Reef Snorkeling, and Bannister Beach Break tour.

Oh well :(

That didn't take them long - their reply:

Thank you for getting in touch with us. We have to juggle our schedule each day to fit the itineraries of the Cruise ships. On Feb. 16, we've set aside our Caye Caulker tour for Carnival Legend passengers. For Mariner of the Seas passengers, we've set aside our Manatee Watch, Reef Snorkeling, and Bannister Beach Break tour.

Oh well :(

Seeing as the Mariner will be the only ship in port April 12 maybe we'll get lucky and they'll be able to juggle their schedule for us. :D

Seeing as the Mariner will be the only ship in port April 12 maybe we'll get lucky and they'll be able to juggle their schedule for us. :D

Wish that was the case for us.

We decided that with the number of runs the water taxi does between Belize City and Caye Caulker, we're going to give it a shot. We'll aim for one that would get us back to Belize City a couple hours before last tender back to the ship. Definately not going to let this little inconvienience mess up our vacation. (Besides, I fail to see any negatives if we miss the ship and need to spend more time on Caye Caulker and not at work :D)

Wish that was the case for us.

We decided that with the number of runs the water taxi does between Belize City and Caye Caulker, we're going to give it a shot. We'll aim for one that would get us back to Belize City a couple hours before last tender back to the ship. Definately not going to let this little inconvienience mess up our vacation. (Besides, I fail to see any negatives if we miss the ship and need to spend more time on Caye Caulker and not at work :D)

Spoken like a man I'd like to sit next to and get drunk on the beach!! :D

Hope you guys have a great time. Save some rum and beach for us. ;)

Spoken like a man I'd like to sit next to and get drunk on the beach!! :D

Hope you guys have a great time. Save some rum and beach for us. ;)

It'll be tough but we'll do our best - think a couple 3 bottles will be enough? :D

I recently helped my kids (20 and 23) arrange this trip. After bringing them on 10 cruises they decided to cruise on their own with friends. They did the Coral Breeze caye caulker snorkeling tour including lunch. They really enjoyed their day. My son was not happy to have to wear a life vest or stay in line (2 things we have never had to do before) but he got over it quick once he got in the water. He absolutely loved the sharks and rays. They also thought the lunch was very good.

Was this a snorkel vest or a real life jacket? Could you ask your kids?

Or, if anyone else knows ......

Was this a snorkel vest or a real life jacket? Could you ask your kids?

Or, if anyone else knows ......

Hammerhead Sports (Coral Breeze) provided real life jackets.

Those who brought snorkel vests (including me) were allowed to used them.

They tried to keep people together, but I wouldn't say it was staying in line.

Lots of pictures from that tour:

04 - Wed, Nov 16, 2011, Belize - 8am-5pm

Page1 - Bridge, Tenders, Kicking up mud, Tendering, Ship from tender, Fort Street Tourism Village, Coral Breeze/Hammerhead Watersports Shark/Ray Snorekling and Caye Caulker Excursion,

Page2 - Coral Breeze/Hammerhead Watersports Shark/Ray Snorekling and Caye Caulker Excursion, Snorkeling part, Green Moray, Shark/Ray part,

Page3 - Coral Breeze/Hammerhead Watersports Shark/Ray Snorekling and Caye Caulker Excursion, Sharks and Rays, Lunch on Caye Caulker, Tender back to ship

Hammerhead Sports (Coral Breeze) provided real life jackets.

Those who brought snorkel vests (including me) were allowed to used them.

They tried to keep people together, but I wouldn't say it was staying in line.

Lots of pictures from that tour:

04 - Wed, Nov 16, 2011, Belize - 8am-5pm

Page1 - Bridge, Tenders, Kicking up mud, Tendering, Ship from tender, Fort Street Tourism Village, Coral Breeze/Hammerhead Watersports Shark/Ray Snorekling and Caye Caulker Excursion,

Page2 - Coral Breeze/Hammerhead Watersports Shark/Ray Snorekling and Caye Caulker Excursion, Snorkeling part, Green Moray, Shark/Ray part,

Page3 - Coral Breeze/Hammerhead Watersports Shark/Ray Snorekling and Caye Caulker Excursion, Sharks and Rays, Lunch on Caye Caulker, Tender back to ship

Thanks for the answer and the great pics (lunch looks great). Would you recommend this trip? I haven't found any other companies that include Caye Caulker is it worth visiting?

I just returned from Belize this week and we did the Coral Breeze trip to Caye Caulker with shark Alley, snorkeling and lunch. The tour was operated by Hammerhead Sports and I would highly recommend the trip. It was probably one of the best tours we have done in the Caribbean. We snorkeled in a beautiful coral garden, played with stingrays and sharks, snacked on fresh watermelon and pineapple and had a wonderful lunch on Caye Caulker. They were very professional and accommodating and the boat was not packed so tightly you couldn't move. You won't regret booking this tour.

Debr

I work with a young girl that lived in Belize for 1 yr during High School and she said that the Sharks & Caye Caulker are the things to do in Belize. She highly recommends it so I'm planning on doing this excursion while I'm there on the Liberty in November (even though the idea of sharks scares the crap out of me :)

Asking anyone who has just returned (recently) from Belize, I read this on a different thread:

......The thing that really bothered me was the amount of stray nearly dying dogs. Now I have been a lot of places Dominican Republic, Mexico, Virgin islands but ive never seen so many sickly sad dogs like literally every 5 feet. I stopped and fed and gave water to a few of them that looked on their last leg. I am a total dog person so this made my day a bit depressing. If that wouldn't bother you then disregard.....

Is this still the case?

Being a HUGE lover of dogs (and all animals for that matter), it would probably ruin my vacation to see this :(:(:(.

Thanks for the answer and the great pics (lunch looks great). Would you recommend this trip? I haven't found any other companies that include Caye Caulker is it worth visiting?

Yes, I really liked it and recommend it. We didn't have as much time on Cate Caulker as I would have liked, and think we were due more time, but were slow getting the excursion begun. They did get us back to the dock with sufficient time to spare and I prefer that to staying longer on Caye Caulker.

I'm sure other companies do the same or similar tour, or at least have in the past. I've gone with a couple of different companies.

One issue is that boats and companies change names there and it can be interesting to try to find the same tour from year to year.

Asking anyone who has just returned (recently) from Belize, I read this on a different thread:

......The thing that really bothered me was the amount of stray nearly dying dogs. Now I have been a lot of places Dominican Republic, Mexico, Virgin islands but ive never seen so many sickly sad dogs like literally every 5 feet. I stopped and fed and gave water to a few of them that looked on their last leg. I am a total dog person so this made my day a bit depressing. If that wouldn't bother you then disregard.....

Is this still the case?

Being a HUGE lover of dogs (and all animals for that matter), it would probably ruin my vacation to see this :(:(:(.

Yes.

Is this still the case?

Well, don't go anywhere in the third world then:confused: It's not always pretty, but that's just the way it is. Usually won't see as many village dogs around touristy sections, but I have still seen some. There are also plenty or hungry, sickly humans in these countries as well, just so you are aware.

Archived