Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Ports of Call > Europe > Mediterranean - Eastern & Western > Italy Ports

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Italy Ports Capri, Florence, Genoa, Naples, Palermo, portofino, Rome, Sardinia, Sorrento, Taormina, Venice

Old June 11th, 2012, 05:03 AM
Cool Cruiser

Default Beach by Venice?

hey there! We will be in Venice for five days and I'm wondering if any of the islands have a nice beach.I believe lido does but I'd love to hear tips from anyone. Thanks! Laua

Ad Sponsored By
Old June 11th, 2012, 06:54 AM
5,000+ Club

Lido is the closest and easiest to reach from Venice. Note that many of the beaches are "owned" by the hotels and they charge significant fees to use the beach. There is a public beach on the southern part of the island.

More information on the beaches can be found here: http://www.venezia-lido.it/en/spiaggia.htm

Last edited by euro cruiser; June 11th, 2012 at 06:57 AM.

Old June 11th, 2012, 10:15 AM
10,000+ Club

As Euro mentioned, the best looking beaches are located on Lido which is easily reached by vaporetto. That being said, you might want to think twice before swimming off of these beaches (or anywhere else in the Lagoon) since the waters are often very very polluted.

Hank