Dave Armour,Cruise Director

A few years ago,someone was asking the whereabouts of Dave Armour who was Cruise Director for Carnival Cruise Line.....................

I have some very sad news of Dave.He passed away on April 25th at home,surrounded by his family.Dave had fought a valiant battle against multiple myeloma(a form of leukemia) for the past 3 years.Dave will be sorely missed by everyone who knew him,myself included.

Terri

I'm sorry to hear of Dave Armour's death. Please accept my condolences. He was the cruise director on our very first cruise. We recognized him on our third cruise. He had a signature sign off on his public address announcements. "Do... (long pause) have a lovely one."

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

So sorry to hear about Dave. He was our first cruise Director on our Honeymoon on the Tropicale in 1985. When we started cruising with our daughters in 2000, he was also our cruise director on the Celebration. We thought he was the best. My sympathy to his family & friends.

• 1 year later...

We sailed with Dave on Carnival's Tropicale many years ago. He was the best! I'm certain that he created the goals for all Cruise Directors who followed him in this growing industry. His personality and warmth touched thousands.

I can still remember his "signature song" on the Tropicale, "On The Road Again".

Rest in peace Dave.

• 3 years later...

Dave was also my first cruise director, on the Jubilee in 1990. We loved him. "Hee haw haw, hee haw haw." My sister, another young woman and I did a spoof of him for the talent show and he was such a good sport about it. He really made our cruise fun. I'm so sad to hear of his passing from the same cancer my father-in-law is now battling.

• 4 years later...

I worked with Dave on Carnival back in the 90's. Great person to work with and work for. Very easy going. Always pleasant, never negative nor complaining. Always called us 'tinker'.

Don't know why I thought about him today, but I did. And did a google search and found your post.

Anyway, he is in a better place now.

Bob