Dinner and show times

scdreamer

We will be on QM2 for a transatlantic later this summer. We are not grills, and have been assigned late dining - but are wait-listed for early dining.

What time is the evening show, and how long does it usually last?, ? If one has late dining and wishes to see the show, should the plan be to have dinner after the show? And vice versa for early seating in the dining room?

Also wondering what the probability is of getting reassigned to the early seating once on board. We have agreed to a shared table of six.

We had the same situation on a TA a few years ago (assigned to late and waitlisted for early). About the third evening, the maitre d' stopped by our table and said he had an opening in early that we could switch to starting the next evening. But by then we had already adjusted our schedules for late dining so we passed.

When you board the ship, there will be a card in your room with your dining time and your table.

We always go to the dining room that first afternoon to see if we can locate our table before we go for dinner.

You can take the card to the dining room and someone might be there to help you even though the dining room is not serving until supper.

Explain your situation and see what they say.

They will usually try to help with your request that evening or in the next few days.

When you board the ship, there will be a card in your room with your dining time and your table.

We always go to the dining room that first afternoon to see if we can locate our table before we go for dinner.

You can take the card to the dining room and someone might be there to help you even though the dining room is not serving until supper.

Explain your situation and see what they say.

They will usually try to help with your request that evening or in the next few days.

Yes. This is what we always do (find our table and, if there's an issue, be prepared to talk to the maitre d') While on the QM2, we've always gotten our requested tables for two, late seating (fingers crossed for next time) so there have been no changes needed, but on other ships this has not always been the case.

Even in you're on the official waiting list, you should still introduce yourself to the maitre d' and verify with him that you're on the list. Visibility always helps.

in the past, I've heard reports of slipping him a tip at this time, but I've never done it and would consider it unseemly myself. (I recall, years ago hearing that such offers would be curtly refused, but then other reports that's not the case) In any event, it should not be necessary. My experience, and the overwhelming number of reports I've read through the years, is that they really do go out of their way to accommodate seating requests and changes.

Edited by MarkBearSF

You will be able to make the theater time regardless of your Britannia seating time. If you are second seating, you will have plenty of time to get to the late theater show.