Have you seen the new Shell Phone?

Pumbaamd

I just got the email. Ugh. Sorry I think it's dumb. I would rather see the ships and destinations over a bunch of people having a conversation with a shell. I really wished I thought it was cool. But it doesn't work for me. :(

Oh Oh! It's turning into a love fest here for the shell ads! And I'm the lone poopie head! :D Hopefully they will grow on me. I watched again. I also watched The executive video. I'm still kind of luke cool about it. :rolleyes:

I just got the email. Ugh. Sorry I think it's dumb. I would rather see the ships and destinations over a bunch of people having a conversation with a shell. I really wished I thought it was cool. But it doesn't work for me. :(

I agree-the GET OUT THERE commercials were SO brilliant. Then they came up with the whole citizen of the sea series which were really stupid. They seem to be touting the benefits of cruising but list only Allure and Oasis benefits so if you were to go to Alaska on a smaller ship you wouldn't be able to do a bunch of the stuff they listed.

I think Merkle missed the mark on this one...

I'm going to have to agree with you! I'd much rather see something about the ships! The voice in the shell was too weird...shoulda had a Caribbean accent! :D

I liked it. How many commercials have we seen that describe the ships ands there destination's (A LOT) This is nice, it takes a different take and goes to a different audience.Instead of just the "In your face" go there, it brings it home, right to the specific people of different lives.

I really like it! It takes good marketing to make you react in any way to a commercial. This one makes me smile.

We live on the water, so it's hard to imagine that people don't get to see the ocean very often, if ever. But once you've seen it, it's not something you easily forget. The answers of the people when she asked how long it had been since they saw her showed that longing to be be near the water again. Without all of that in-your-face activity the ships offer, this commercial gets to the emotion of being on vacation. Everyone in the commercial got very emotional about going on a vacation to the sea.

If anything, it missed the mark by specifically not mentioning The cruise ship verbally. If you out of sight with the monitor, you would not necessarily get that this was a commercial for cruising.

But, I loved it! It gets me very excited to be back on the sea in 2 weeks!!! :D

I enjoyed it, different from all other cruise advertisements.

I'm not a lover of advertisements on TV at all, I DVR everything I want to watch and fast forward through them all, even the cruise ones. So, I would never have seen this if I didn't see it here. DVR/TIVO is the best invention of our time :)

It was a good ad, but for many of us loyal, long time RC customers who can not cruise in the winter, it does not solve the problem of lack of summer carribbean sailings.

It was a good ad, but for many of us loyal, long time RC customers who can not cruise in the winter, it does not solve the problem of lack of summer carribbean sailings.

Agreed! I can't deal with the same old Eastern/Western itineraries that Allure/Oasis/Freedom/Explorer do during the summer.

Archived