Piraeus Cruise Terminal - Luggage Storage

sheffieldyorkshire

• 1 year later...

Would appreciate any current info on luggage storage at Piraeus. The Port Authority website says there are lockers at Cruise Terminal "A" but there is no further detail. I'd like to know the locker capacity and whether it can be used for multiple days. We need to store a 24-inch suitcase for 3 nites while we visit a Greek island post-cruise. I emailed the PPA but no reply yet so thought I'd check here. Many thanks.

Would appreciate any current info on luggage storage at Piraeus. The Port Authority website says there are lockers at Cruise Terminal "A" but there is no further detail. I'd like to know the locker capacity and whether it can be used for multiple days. We need to store a 24-inch suitcase for 3 nites while we visit a Greek island post-cruise. I emailed the PPA but no reply yet so thought I'd check here. Many thanks.

I don't know about the size of the lockers at the cruise terminal but there are definitely large lockers that would accommodate your 24 inch suitcase here: http://www.athenslockers.com/

I don't know about the size of the lockers at the cruise terminal but there are definitely large lockers that would accommodate your 24 inch suitcase here: http://www.athenslockers.com/
Thanks! I appreciate the link. Those lockers in Athens looks great but our plans are such that we really need storage at Piraeus. I emailed PPA again so hopefully they'll respond with a little more info. If so, I'll post details here in case anybody else needs storage at Piraeus.

Thank you, MightyQuinn, that would be great.

I will be on a cruise that gets us into Piraeus twice, and the first time, on15th July, is just a port call to embark new passengers. We have booked a sightseeing tour for that day, but may have time to check out the luggage locker situation before we get back to end the cruise on 22nd July.

Likewise, I'll post here, if I learn something.

Heard back from Piraeus Port Authority ...

We kindly inform you that there is luggage storage service in Piraeus Cruise Terminal and it costs 3 euro for 24 hours. The storage lockers have space for medium/big-sized luggage, not too big. Upon arrival you have to insert 3 euros and when you return you have to insert the rest amount so that the locker opens and you can take your luggage. The amount is shown on the window screen. Kindly note that the lockers are in the Cruise Terminal A (Miaoulis).

Buchhalm, we won't need storage in Piraeus until September. If you get the chance to scope out the lockers in July, maybe you could post approximate dimensions. I don't expect to have a problem with a 24-inch case but you never know. Like you, we're not keen to lug formal gear to an island! Many thanks.

• 1 month later...

Ok. I'm resurrecting this topic.

Luggage storage at Piraeus port.

There is a shiny, new CRUISE terminal A that has coin operated luggage lockers that will hold even the biggest suitcase.

This may be not convenient if you are taking a FERRY to one of the islands like we did.

At Piraeus port gate E7 you will find a travel agency that has the same large lockers. They charge 3 Euro per 4 hours in the locker. I asked to leave 2 suitcases for a whole week and they took them for 50 Euro for both suitcases. They will take them in their admin office next door that is locked and safe. I was happy to pay that, especially after experiencing the mad crush of people trying to fight their way on the ferry boats.

The way to get to the place:

It is a LONG walk from the cruise ship terminals! It would be viable from Terminal A I suppose, but from the other terminals it is just a bit too far with luggage.

We took a taxi.

Enter through gate E7 and turn immediately left. A tall building with lots of ticket agencies will be on your right. Travel agency First Choice Travel is the one you want. About in the middle of the shop front.

To get to the ferry boats from there, exit the shop, turn right and walk through the gates 50 m in front if you.

The guys at the travel agency will tell you exactly where to find the ferry you want. We had to go to one of the small operators all the way down st gate E9 and if was only a 10 minute stroll . Easy as can be.

Buchhalm, thanks for popping by with current info on the locker situation at Piraeus. Very helpful. There's a very good chance we won't need storage after all, since we're now resigned to travel with carry-on only. DH will have to get by with a suit rather than his tux and I'll wear a simple cocktail dress for formal nites. I think we can manage!

Our ship is scheduled to dock at Cruise Terminal A and our Flying Dolphin leaves from Pier E8. It looks walkable on a port map but distances can be deceiving. I figured a taxi driver would be reluctant to go such a short way so it's good to know your experience. I really appreciate the updated info.

Buchhalm, thanks for popping by with current info on the locker situation at Piraeus. Very helpful. There's a very good chance we won't need storage after all, since we're now resigned to travel with carry-on only. DH will have to get by with a suit rather than his tux and I'll wear a simple cocktail dress for formal nites. I think we can manage!

Our ship is scheduled to dock at Cruise Terminal A and our Flying Dolphin leaves from Pier E8. It looks walkable on a port map but distances can be deceiving. I figured a taxi driver would be reluctant to go such a short way so it's good to know your experience. I really appreciate the updated info.

With carry on luggage only it should be an easy -ish walk.

No too far. Just follow the road called Anti Miaouli, with the waterfront on your left and you can't get lost.

As for taxi in our case, I pre booked with a company called Welcomepickups. Very professional. You can specify how many people will travel and how many bags you have. Probably a few Euro more expensive than hailing a taxi from the street, but they will be there with a sign and you don't have to fight with the taxi drivers when travelling only short distances.

Also booked them after the island stay to get into the city and then to the airport the next day.

Zero hassle.

I used them over a dozen times in the past 5 weeks (Not only in Athens) and also booked them for family members. No issues at all, you pay on line by card so no hassle with money unless you want to give a small tip, they send you reminder text the day before and when your driver is there, they send you name and photo of the drivet and you get a bottle of water each (at least in Athens).