Robert and Nish- First Cruise together, Princess- 5/17

NYCRob10003

Hi Guys,

I hope you enjoy your first cruise! There are even some home porting options around NYC. We loved San Juan. Most of our cruises have been fixed seating and we usually take the second seating. The later time is less likely to interfere with your time in port.

Roger

Several points come to mind not least of which will be the time you have chosen to cruise, i.e., Spring Break. We have found that families for the most part choose fixed and first seating so we would avoid that. Their least preferrence is open seating so I think you have chose that well.

We prefer open seating because one never knows who you might meet for pre dinner drinks and perhaps in joining you for dinner and it's unpleasant having to break up an enjoyable get together because of a dinner bell. Mind you, reservations for open seating do demand punctuality.

On cruises where routine settles in and we begin to dine at more or less a set time, we set that same time, same table reservation with the maitre d', making sure he is "thanked' for allowing us to do this. And in so doing you keep the same waiters who become accustomed to your preferences and who also may be "thanked" at the end of the cruise.

Archived