No open deck space on Conquest class?

kfgarrow

In the Spirit Class vs. Conquest class thread someone mentioned that there is no open deck space to watch the sea. The aft pool is enclosed, etc. My questions are as follows: Does the promenade deck encircle the ship or only go part-way? Can you see the ocean from the outside Promenade deck? Is there a quiet place to sit and watch the sea go by?

I leave in two days and all of a sudden am wondering if I'm gonna like the Conquest class at all.

Unfortunately this promenade does not go all the way around the ship, and the only way in and out is through the atrium doors Selucrey referred to. I also miss the open air seating at the back of the Lido deck that the Fantasy-class ships offer. Somehow the enclosed area at the back of the Conquest-class ships just doesn't feel the same. It seems that as new ship designs are rolled out the enclosed areas get larger and the open-air spaces get smaller. That's a shame; enjoying the sea breeze and smelling the salt air is one of the greatest pleasures of cruising.

Thanks you guys. We absolutely loved the aft pool area on the Pride because it had open air dining as well as the pool and bar. I will look for those atrium doors and the small promenade. Any other ideas for quiet getaway spots outdoors?

there is no open deck space to watch the sea. The aft pool is enclosed, etc.

You can go one deck up above the aft pool, so that you can see the open sea. It's just that it's not wide, and sometimes occupied by deck chairs that are right against the rails.

I personally like the openness of the rear of the Lido on the Sprit class ships.

Deck 3 or 4, same deck as pursers office has doors on both side of the atrium that lead to a secluded, quiet shady deck,,,same deck as the lifeboat drills, rarely used and quiet,,,the top deck of Conquest is open air and looks over the lido deck pool in the aft, you can walk around the whole ship up here but in the forward area there is glass to block the wind as during this time of year especially it can get very windy, lots of open areas to sit and watch the sea go by and read a book

I think the deck off the pursers desk is the best when at sea, you're so close to the water, shaded and private. If you like being close to the 'action', the sun deck usually will have a shady side with plenty of space, the only problem is finding a chair. LOL ( you may have to carry one down from the funnel deck-send your hubby, an errand he'll be glad to run) LOL

I went on the Valor for the Inagural cruise. My state room was on the panarama deck. Deck 10, Room 1002 Walk to the very forward portion of the ship(BOW).

Go out the doors at the end of the hall way and there is a quiet area that no one even knew was there. It is right above the bridge. It is great!!!!

Don't tell any one so you can have it all to yourself. :)

It is really pretty at night out there too. The lights above the windows shown in that picture illuminate the water and you can hear the waves rushing by. If you have a group that just wants to sit and talk, that's the place to go. Really peaceful.

There are a lot of people that like the Conquest class, us included. We don't have a problem with crowds and never have a use for a walk around promendade deck. Both ship classes are always filled so I guess it must mean that both are well liked. Once we learned the layout of the Destiny class, we've never had a problem with getting around on the ships and enjoy that class.

Archived