Does Royal Caribbean have scrapbook albums onboard?

pampaul

Hi all. My family has been on two cruises. One with Norwegian and one with Disney. I did get a 12x12 scrapbooking album on the Disney Magic but I never saw one on the Norwegian Dawn.

I really liked the fact that that the one I got had Disney characters all on the front with the year 2008 on it.

In June of 2009 we're going to DisneyWorld for a week and then a 4 night cruise on Royal Caribbean right after.

I would love to know if I will find an album in one of the shops on board? Thanks!!!

I was on the Liberty of the Seas in May. I do not remember an album for sale. They did have a pak of scrapbooking supplies that were specific to the ship. It had some general cruise themed paper, then specific things related to the ports, on board activities and things that said "Liberty of the Seas." I remember it being kind of expensive but I thought where would I find anything like this at home? It's hard to find stickers of towel animals. It is possible that there were albums, and i don't remember. That is one of the only items for which I stick to Creative Memories. They have an album imprinting program so that you could get whatever you want written on the front of the album. Did you know that some ships offer scrapping classes? I went in May and got some great die cuts. I didn't want to actually scrap while I was there since it was kind of cramped, but I stayed long anough to get the die cuts.

Hi all. My family has been on two cruises. One with Norwegian and one with Disney. I did get a 12x12 scrapbooking album on the Disney Magic but I never saw one on the Norwegian Dawn.

I really liked the fact that that the one I got had Disney characters all on the front with the year 2008 on it.

In June of 2009 we're going to DisneyWorld for a week and then a 4 night cruise on Royal Caribbean right after.

I would love to know if I will find an album in one of the shops on board? Thanks!!!

They sell them in the photo shop area where you pick up your photos from.

We went in November on the Navigator and they had the album and the scrapbook kit for $45. The kit has all the island and the album shows the Caribbean. The young lady who taught our scrapbooking class was the best one I ever had. She loves to scrapbook so she gave us great ideas. Also, she showed us the album they use for Europe and it is different than the one for the Caribbean. If anything go to the class for the die cuts, because some you will not get somewhere else.

Thanks,

We went in November on the Navigator and they had the album and the scrapbook kit for $45. The kit has all the island and the album shows the Caribbean. The young lady who taught our scrapbooking class was the best one I ever had. She loves to scrapbook so she gave us great ideas. Also, she showed us the album they use for Europe and it is different than the one for the Caribbean. If anything go to the class for the die cuts, because some you will not get somewhere else.

Thanks,

Are you saying that they had scrapbooking classes onboard the Monarch? If so, how much were they? How long did they last? I would love to do something like this onboard. How fun!!!

I was just on the Serenade for a 13-night cruise in November, and the scrapbooking classes were held on all sea days (about every other day). The classes were a free activity, taught by one of the young ladies on the cruise director's staff. Each class had a theme (formal night, port activities, etc.), and supplied to create one page were given to everyone in attendance. She also had plastic bins full of a variety of embellishments.

I purchased this photo album in the photo shop:

PanamaScrapbook.jpg

They provided a choice of one of the stock photos of the ship and a sheet with all the RCI ship names. I created the Panama Canal text for the cover myself because I didn't want the name of the ship. I create my scrap pages digitally, so I didn't even look at the paper/embellishments for sale on board.

• 4 weeks later...
Quick correction: It's a scrapbook, not a photo album.

Oh...I like that album. Do you mind if I ask you how much it cost? I think I may have to get that if it's available on the Explorer of the Seas when we cruise this fall. It looks like a standard 12x12 album, is that correct? Did you have to add any page protectors & if so, what did you find that would fit? Also, one more question if you don't mind...what font did you use for your title. Very nice. TFS!:)

Oh...I like that album. Do you mind if I ask you how much it cost? I think I may have to get that if it's available on the Explorer of the Seas when we cruise this fall. It looks like a standard 12x12 album, is that correct? Did you have to add any page protectors & if so, what did you find that would fit? Also, one more question if you don't mind...what font did you use for your title. Very nice. TFS!:)

Thanks!

The album was $20 on board. In case they don't have it on your ship, I did find it on the Carnival website, but I just checked and they don't have it listed anymore. You might want to keep an eye on the website to see if they ever get it back: http://carnival.summitmg.com/carnival/dept.asp?dept_id=7000

It is a standard 12x12 post-bound album, so you should have no problem getting refills.

The font is Vujahday Flourish.

I did the scrapbook class offered by RCCL on one of our cruises, it was pretty basic but it was alot of fun.

A few years ago on a meet and mingle board we all decided to have a scrapbook get together on board. So each of us took some items to share like paper stickers ect. Then on one of our sea days we got together, the ship let us use a room, just so happen it rained that day and it was perfect, it was great to get together with the people that had talked on line together before our cruise. We even had a name for our group the Scrappy Explorers

(we were on the Explorer of the Seas) I took page kits for everyone that I had put together and I took a small photo printer and was able to make pictures for everyone of all of us for there pages. ( that was before the luggage restrictions)

I purchased one of RCCL's scrapbook albums two cruises ago and I did not realize when I purchased it that the picture on the front was not our ship that it was actually a coupon that you take to the photo dept and turn in for a picture of your ship, so on the next cruise we went on I took the coupon and got the picture that I needed since we were on the same ship. So if anyone purchases the photo ablum make sure if it has a picture on the front that it is not actually a coupon.

• 1 month later...

There were two very basic scrapbooking classes offered on the Navigator last week taught by the Cruise Director's Staff. Each class lasted about an hour. The same samples, handouts and class materials as was used three years ago...designed and written by someone named Angela Glasser.

It was nice to hang with a few fellow scrappers...but as someone with 13 years of scrapbooking experience, it seemed a little elementary.

The photo shop staff brought a selection of several scrapbooks and paper/embellishment packs down to the class for sale. There were also scrapbooks and photo albums available in the Logo Shop on the Promenade.

It would be so easy to prepare a Powerpint presentation about scrapbooking and really take this class to the next level. I realize it's free and all but it could be such a great tool for selling photos...

• 1 month later...

Archived