Celebrity FAQs 2010

hancock

There is a wonderful spot for waffles at the back of the ship. They will be fresh and wonderful. Also the eggs benedict area and fresh omelets and eggs cooked to order are great!

Where can we find these waffles I've heard so much about? My hubby is a big waffle fan so I'd like to have this info for him.

Thanks!

Where can we find these waffles I've heard so much about? My hubby is a big waffle fan so I'd like to have this info for him.

Thanks!

What is the big deal about these waffles? I can have them any day at home...are they more special at sea?????

Celebrity will honor a price drop, lowering the cost of your cruise before final payment. After final payment they will issue an OBC for the difference. At the end of your cruise, if you haven't spent all the price drop OBC, they will refund any money left to you. The price drop must be for the same category. (unless you want to take advantage of a better cabin or a guaranty) It cannot be for new bookings only. To get the new price you must ASK for it. It is not automatic. Don't rely on your travel agent to constantly check the price. They are busy people. Check the price often on the Celebrity website. Remember to check for senior, resident, military, police, fire dept. specials if they apply. You must begin to book the cruise on the website to see all the specials.

Waffles-I'm not impressed with the waffles on board but it's a matter of personal opinion.

Celebrity's Captain's Club offers equivalent status to RCCL's Crown & Anchor Club members. If you are Platinum on RCCL, you will be Select on Celebrity. Diamond is Elite on Celebrity. Celebrity doesn't have an equivalent to RCCL's Diamond +. You must get a Captain's Club # before you sail. You cannot combine sailings from both cruise lines to move up to the next level.

RCCL also offers equivalent status to Celebrity cruisers.

What is the big deal about these waffles? I can have them any day at home...are they more special at sea?????

Not sure what is different, but they taste better than any other place I've ever had them, including home. Must be something about the recipe - or maybe it's the "motion of the ocean" that stirs the batter just right :)

Sometimes they will try to give you pre-cooked waffles that are sitting in the warming pan getting soggy. Don't accept them. Just ask them to cook fresh ones for you. The fresh waffles right off the griddle are worth the short wait because they taste so much better.

I don't usually put butter on waffles (to save the calories) but someone on this board recommended the orange butter, and once I tried it I was hooked. Then the berries and whipped cream go on top. I am starting to salivate just thinking about them.

All this waffle talk. Making me hungry. Anyone know if they offer real maple syrup (from a tree) or just Aunt-Jemima style sugary-syrup?

Or you can ask a nice person from Canada or NE USA to bring some pure maple syrup for the waffles. ;)

Not sure what is different, but they taste better than any other place I've ever had them, including home. Must be something about the recipe - or maybe it's the "motion of the ocean" that stirs the batter just right :)

The waffles are from a commercial mix, but they mix them with ice-water. Seems to make them super-fluffy on the inside and crispy on the outside...they are truly wonderful, and i make pretty good belgian waffles at home too....but the cruise ones...they beat mine. Accompaniments are good too.

Virginia

All this waffle talk. Making me hungry. Anyone know if they offer real maple syrup (from a tree) or just Aunt-Jemima style sugary-syrup?

It was real maple syrup on Solstice last winter. Hoping that's not something they've cut back on. I don't do corn syrup on waffles, what a waste of a good waffle.

Virginia

I am the OP. Please try to keep it to updating Celebrity FAQs. There used to be a Celebrity FAQs Sticky which has been removed because it was so out of date. I keep hoping that our Hosts will make this a Sticky so up to date facts are easily available.

Thanks!

Archived