Molecular Bar Menu Solstice

Wild Andi

Does anyone have the drink list for the Molecular Bar on the Solstice? I would also love to see the wine list from Blu if available. Thanks!

This is the menu bar from the Eclipse Dec. 2010.. I would think that Solstice would be the same:

2230808440104945102S600x600Q85.jpg

2843811690104945102S600x600Q85.jpg

Another view...

2952724550104945102S600x600Q85.jpg

Yeah...my 3000th post!!

Are the cocktails at the Molecular Bar covered under the Premium Drink Package. Looks like they cost more then the allowable amount. I did read that with the Premium Package you will only be charged the amount over the allowable per drink cost. Is this true at this bar, as we would love to try some of these interesting drinks.

Are the cocktails at the Molecular Bar covered under the Premium Drink Package. Looks like they cost more then the allowable amount. I did read that with the Premium Package you will only be charged the amount over the allowable per drink cost. Is this true at this bar, as we would love to try some of these interesting drinks.

I can't comment for the Molecular Bar, but the general rule is that the premium package gets you drinks up to $12. If the drink is more expensive than that you will be charged the full amount, not the difference.

The exception to this is in the specialty restaurants (on Infinity, last year)where we were just charged the difference.

Cheers Mic:D

I recall reading that cruises leaving from Southhampton already have the tip added to the price of the drink and that the premium drinks package increases to cover this. Think its any drink up to $13.75 which is almost $12.00 + 15%.

This may explain these drinks showing up as $13.75.

Cheers

Grantos

I recall reading that cruises leaving from Southhampton already have the tip added to the price of the drink and that the premium drinks package increases to cover this. Think its any drink up to $13.75 which is almost $12.00 + 15%.

This may explain these drinks showing up as $13.75.

Cheers

Grantos

I can confirm Grantos, for the TA Southampton - Miami they added the gratuity fix to the $ 12 price but arriving the Caribbean they changed it back and the drinks are always covered by the PALL package.

Btw, I heard @ Silhouette in December from the Mixologist that changes in drink list where planned for January. Anybody noticed this ?

cheers

I should have said, these menus are from December 2011.

Also, we had the premium packages and I don't recall being charged anything extra at the Molecular Bar and we went there at least 3 times.

DH had a couple of ports that were over the $12 limit and was charged the difference one time. I had several glasses of $13 "champagne" inqsine and wasn't charged anything. The wine steward there was great and was tipped well!

The Molecular Bar is awesome! By far my favorite bar at sea. The drinks are really fun, interesting and tasty and on my past two cruises on ships with a Molecular Bar the bartenders were top notch (Alvaro on Equinox and Suzanna on Silhouette).

Just got off the Solstice and the menu is a little different now. Some of those drinks aren't on there anymore - although I know he was still making South of Rio - and there are a few new ones. The Tanned Russian is soooooooo good - wish I was back on there - love that bar. The mixologist on Solstice - "G" - is a real card.

One of the new ones I call the guacamole cocktail. It has avocado, mescal and tequila and it's whipped and it's WONDERFUL but I don't know the name. In Dec., Jr. Merino was onboard kind of suggesting his new drinks. They were all good but that guac in a glass was wonderful.

One of the new ones I call the guacamole cocktail. It has avocado, mescal and tequila and it's whipped and it's WONDERFUL but I don't know the name. In Dec., Jr. Merino was onboard kind of suggesting his new drinks. They were all good but that guac in a glass was wonderful.

Wow, that sounds awesome!

Not quite.

With the premium package, they will bill you for the difference above $12.

With the classic package, they will bill you the full amount.

I should have said, these menus are from December 2011.

Also, we had the premium packages and I don't recall being charged anything extra at the Molecular Bar and we went there at least 3 times.

DH had a couple of ports that were over the $12 limit and was charged the difference one time. I had several glasses of $13 "champagne" inqsine and wasn't charged anything. The wine steward there was great and was tipped well!

Sorry that I have misled some people, it appears that the policy can change depending on ship and /or waiter.

We had the Premium package on Solstice and we weren't charged for our drinks in Molecular. I had the Dragonfly and Scorpion's Kiss and never were charged anything.

Ahh thnx for 1st information : obviously Scorpions's kiss and the mentioned guacamole cocktail are news on the menu.

In 3 weeks I can try them @ Equinox.

Looking forward meeting Alvaro, the mixologist and yes, had a wonderful time with Suzanna @ Silhouette.

cheers

Sorry that I have misled some people, it appears that the policy can change depending on ship and /or waiter.

The policy of charging just the difference above $12 for those with the Premium Package...has also been changed and is reflected on the new Celebrity Website...so HOPEFULLY;) it will be implemented fleet-wide/venue-wide without complications!!

Recent reports seem to indicate that is the case !!

Enjoy !

Woody

Copied directly from Celebrity's website FAQ:

Can I purchase a package and then just pay the difference in price for any drinks above the package price threshold?

You may do this with the Premium Package only. You can purchase beverages above the $12 Premium Package limit, and pay the difference between the cost of the beverage and the $12 limit. You are not allowed to do this with any of the other Beverage Packages.:D

This makes me a very happy cruiser. Three more sleeps then on the Eclipse!

Just got off the Solstice and the menu is a little different now. Some of those drinks aren't on there anymore - although I know he was still making South of Rio - and there are a few new ones. The Tanned Russian is soooooooo good - wish I was back on there - love that bar. The mixologist on Solstice - "G" - is a real card.

I had several Tanned Russian's over the course of our cruise and I was never charged extra. I agree with koolforkatz; they were delicious.

I don't see why they could not "mix" up a non-alcoholic drink. How hard would that be? :confused: Now what it would be priced at may be another issue. :eek:

The Molecular Bar requests that only the specific drinks on the menu be ordered; the drinks are a bit time consuming to make and they have limited staff. If they are slow they may honor a special request, or if you get to know one of the bartenders well, but in general they are not supposed to stray from the drinks listed on the menu.

Archived