Hotels iin New York?

hisfirstm8

We will be in New York next September after a TA cruise on the Constellation. Can you suggest a reasonably prices hotel in a good tourist area? Also, what is the best way to book a hotel - priceline, internet?????

Thanks for the information,

barbara

The words reasonably priced take on a whole new meaning in NYC. you are going to be hard pressed to find anything less than $100 per night & that's cheap. A tourist area would probably be midtown. The internet is probably your best bet. Good luck.

Yeah, hotels in NYC are CRAZY expensive! I will recommend the Hotel Pennsylvania in Midtown. Its the cheapest hotel in town that doesnt make you share a bathroom. Its not the cleanest or nicest hotel in town, but it is the cheapest and is SUPER convienent to a lot of places (right next to Madison Square Garden (penn station, which will take you everywhere) and its a block from Macys on 34th! Its an awesome location, and you can find rates around 100 if you look online. I will tell you in advance that these rooms are nothing like you are used to. I know around here in Ohio, a 100$ will get you a very nice room in a really nice hotel, 100$ in nyc can get you a room at the Harlem Ymca (check the web if you think im joking). I saw Hotel Penn on a travel website for 99$ recently, feel free to email me if you need the name of that site)

In 2002 we sailed out of New York for Bermuda. It was a wonderful cruise! We got a room at the Days Inn - Midtown, 790 Eighth Ave., for $79.00 a night. It was a special on the Days Inn site. What others have written is absolutely correct. This facility was nothing special but it was a room with bath, convenient, and the price was right. Don't expect much for anything in the neighborhood of $100.00 in New York city.

I have recommended and stay at the Days Inn, Hojo (both 8th Ave) or the Super8 several times per year. I go with the cheapest. There is NO WAY I would ever consider The Pennsylvania- it is a DUMP- stay away no matter how good the cost. Reserve the cheapest of the above via their online web sites. I haven't paid over $110 booked in advance. Excellent large rooms for NYC and extremely great location, 1 long block from Times Sqare and on the C E subway line. I'm paying $110 starting tomorrow for 4 nights at the HOJO booked end of July. Easy to book and cancel and keep track of pricing trends. I usually go there on average 4/per year. Rates are creeping up, but NYC is still worth the cost. :)

Ive stayed two times at Hotel Pennsylvania, and yes it is a dump. One time i stayed on one days notice, another because i got it for 99 a night! However, i knew that i wouldnt be spending time in there other than to sleep, so it really didnt matter. Theres so many things to see and do, it doesnt matter to me. Its right next to Macys and the SUbway line to Chinatown, so it works out great for us. To each his own though :)

Archived