Costa Maya and Hurricane Dean discussion (merged)

memphislonghorn

Everyone who has been to this little village and its wonderful beach at Tequila Beach, please say a little prayer for them tonight. Dean, probably at Cat. 5 strength, will bear down on them tonight. I was there in January on Fantasy, and I hate to see that beautiful place destroyed. They are in God's hands....:(

:eek: Dean is supposed to make a direct hit on Chetumal. I have a dear friend there that I have corresponded with for many years and she always comes to see me when the ship docks in Costa Maya.

Sending prayers for all of the Yucatan.

I sure hope someone is taking care of the Kitty Cats...

I am looking forward to going to Cats Meow in October...

On the other hand...maybe the wind will blow down that silly fence

so you don't have to search for the hole any more.

Everyone who has been to this little village and its wonderful beach at Tequila Beach, please say a little prayer for them tonight. Dean, probably at Cat. 5 strength, will bear down on them tonight. I was there in January on Fantasy, and I hate to see that beautiful place destroyed. They are in God's hands....:(

Thank you so much for this. My wife and I visited Mahahual for the first time a few weeks ago and we absolutely fell in love. I'm worried here in the states and wish I could be down there helping them prepare for the storm. Costa Maya is always in my thoughts, and particularly tonight, will be in my strongest prayers.

One of my favorite days this year was spent at Pez Quadro in Majahual. The people there are incredibly nice and I wish them all the best. When I was there in April, it looked like they were building up the village.

We were in Majahual in November and then again the first of May. They had built up quite a bit during those few short months.

Dianne

My last check shows the eyewall of Dean hitting within a few miles of Costa Maya and the village. It's been a couple of years since I've been there but I recall it very flat and the village right on the water. It will be hell on earth for those poor folks.

I will be praying tonight for all of those people and for their safety.

Here too!! We visited in February of this year for the first time and fell in love and booked the Legend in December mostly because it visited Costa Maya again!! Praying that God protects it tonight!!!

One of my favorite days this year was spent at Pez Quadro in Majahual. The people there are incredibly nice and I wish them all the best. When I was there in April, it looked like they were building up the village.

Yes, Pez Quadro was the absoulte best. I hope they seek shelter. Our thoughts and prayers are with them.

One of my most favorite ports was Costa Maya and the lovely Chac-Chi resort right next to the pier.

I do pray for everyone and their safety.

At least Cozumel wont get a direct hit like 2 years ago.. That poor island took such a beating.

Marge

Starz723

I posted a prayer request for Jamaica, Cayman Islands, Mexico and Texas and it was removed :confused: Hope this post doesn't meet the same fate :( Regardless, the entire area, not just this one place, are in my prayers now and in the future. This is going to be bad. :( :(

Im praying for everyone in Costa Maya.

That was one of my favorite ports and I just loved the Chac Chi resort next to the pier. I so afraid that resort will take a serious beating. The dining room is open air with a palapas type room..

Lets keep them all in our prayers.

Marge

Starz723

It doesn't take much to rebuild some beach bars or truck in sand, water, and generators. Unlike Cozumel, Costa Maya never has been a tender port, so if the pier goes, the port will be down for sometime.

There are some concrete structures and they may well be ok - just open up the doors and hose/sweep them out.

Please also remember the others in Belize. We went to the ruins there this summer and riding through the countryside was an eye opener. The citizens don't have much and some of the homes we saw did not look too sturdy. I pray for the safety of all the citizens of the region.

We will be "scheduled" to visit Costa Maya and Coz in a little over a month. The pier was my concern also. did they build it to withstand a hurricane and to what force?

I would imagine that since Progresso will not be hit directly with hurricane force winds they may start using their port more.

If Coz loses either of the other two piers they will really be hurting.

Please also remember the others in Belize. We went to the ruins there this summer and riding through the countryside was an eye opener. The citizens don't have much and some of the homes we saw did not look too sturdy. I pray for the safety of all the citizens of the region.

For some reason, it seems as though the hardest hit are always the ones least able to help themselves during the aftermath.

I'm sure we all pray that the Mexican government has assisted these poor folks in preparing for, and evacuating in the face of the terrible storm ahead. Also, there's no doubt that the US is already mobilizing aid for the Yucatan as they did for Jamaica.

Above all, I pray for the lives of those in the path of the storm. Objects and buildings can be replaced, resorts can be rebuilt, lives... there's only one of each.

Archived