Na Pali Coast Boat Tour - Kauai

km5377

Aloha,

The ship we are sailing is only in Kauai from 10:00am-6:00pm. Can anyone recommend a Na Pali Coast Boat Tour that fits within this schedule?

Most morning tours leave at 8:00am and afternoon tours arrive back too late. I found one tour that is from 12:30-4:30, but it leaves from Hanalei and they are telling me that we would never get back in time with the traffic.

Royal Caribbean is not offering a boat tour and the ship isn't planning to sail the coast.

Thanks!

Edited by km5377

Aloha,

The ship we are sailing is only in Kauai from 10:00am-6:00pm. Can anyone recommend a Na Pali Coast Boat Tour that fits within this schedule?

Most morning tours leave at 8:00am and afternoon tours arrive back too late. I found one tour that is from 12:30-4:30, but it leaves from Hanalei and they are telling me that we would never get back in time with the traffic.

Royal Caribbean is not offering a boat tour and the ship isn't planning to sail the coast.

Thanks!

We always do a land vacation to Hawaii because a cruise just doesn't do it for us .... but maybe you can find something with Tom's Barefoot Cruises. That is what we always do .... and the Na Pali Coast is something you don't want to miss. The best one is 'Jack's' ..... awesome. Good Luck! And if you can't get anything to work out with your ship times, you must go back and try it! :)

Not to rub salt in your wounds, but this is why Norwegian's POA has the superior itinerary. Since they overnight in Kauai (and Maui) there is no need to rush back to the ship. And, they also do a sail by in addition, although a close up and personal tour by a small craft is wonderful and we have done that on a land trip. Your only hope is to keeping searching tours for one that fits your timeframe. You might find a company willing to do a custom charter, maybe a shorter version that would fit your timeframe.

On the land vaca we did we also took a boat tour from the other side of the island, maybe from the Poipu area, which sailed around from the opposite direction toward the Na Pali Coast. It did not go as deep into the Na Pali area as the other I don't believe, but at least you might get a taste of it.

You can tour Waimea Canyon and go all the way to the state park at the top which looks out from the back of the Na Pali area toward the sea. (Assuming it is not covered in clouds, which sometimes happens in the afternoon.). You could go by tour or most people drive it easily in a rental car.

Edited by punkincc

You aren't going to find any scheduled tours that will fit your timeframe. Only option you have is to charter. Contact some vendors, first, and see if any are available, then post on your roll call. You also MUST, figure out your transportation, it does take at least an hour+++ from Hanalei.

The view of the Na Pali mentioned above Waimea Canyon, can easily be done, with a rental car.

But I also agree, NCL has the superior itinerary that is worth every penny those high priced cruise are. I have taken NCL about 10 times with the last several, going over 3 weeks with a week on each Maui and Hawaii, plus a few days on Oahu. Interisland flights are cheap.