Excuse me. Did you forget to wash your hands?

Are we on the ship or in port? I have been in many restrooms in ports where I was pretty sure touching the sink would make my hands dirtier than they were to start with and prefer to use the hand sanitizer in my bag after leaving the restroom. On the ship I always wash my hands -- at least there the faucets are usually automatic and it's easy to use paper towels to open the door on the way out.

Just make certain before you say anything that the stall they used wasn't equipped with a sink. Many accessible stalls have the sink, and I've had people make comments to me about not washing my hands. They are terribly embarrassed when I tell them that I did wash my hands in the sink in the stall.

Nothing, it is none of my business nor any of yours. :rolleyes:

I disagree with you and I have a very different opinion.

Using the toilet and not washing your hands is the number one reason by a wide margin why the dreaded Norovirus is spread.

Noroviruses are the most common cause of viral gastroenteritis in humans on cruise ships.

The viruses are transmitted by fecally contaminated food or water; by person-to-person contact and via aerosolization of the virus and subsequent contamination of surfaces.

It is sad that most people who observe the non-washing find it disgusting but lack the courage to speak out when they see it.

It most certainly is my business and I suggest that you should make it yours too.

I disagree with you and I have a very different opinion.

Using the toilet and not washing your hands is the number one reason by a wide margin why the dreaded Norovirus is spread.

Noroviruses are the most common cause of viral gastroenteritis in humans on cruise ships.

The viruses are transmitted by fecally contaminated food or water; by person-to-person contact and via aerosolization of the virus and subsequent contamination of surfaces.

It is sad that most people who observe the non-washing find it disgusting but lack the courage to speak out when they see it.

It most certainly is my business and I suggest that you should make it yours too.

Well said!:p:cool:

I walk out of the rest room where my DH is waiting for me. I tell him how disgusting it is to see someone use the facilities and not wash their hands....and frankly I wouldn't be speaking softly either;)

Whether & what I say - and how loudly I say it - is directly proportional to the size & fitness of the accused :D

JB :)

I went to the movies once and while in the bathroom a lady came out and went right out of the bathroom. No washing her hands. I left just behind her. She was in the same theatre as I was. She went right to her seat and proceeded to eat popcorn with her friend. No hand sanitizer used. I was glad that it wasn't my popcorn she was sharing.

tigercat

I will say, I have gone into stalls and not gone to the bathroom, just adjusted my bra or something. I would still probably flush the toilet and wash my hands, but, there was no need to. So many people don't wash, just because you see ONE, doesn't make much difference. FWIW, in my experience, men are much less likely to wash their hands and they are touching their flesh. When I pee, my hands only touch toilet paper, not flesh and not urine. YMMV!!

I will say, I have gone into stalls and not gone to the bathroom, just adjusted my bra or something. I would still probably flush the toilet and wash my hands, but, there was no need to. So many people don't wash, just because you see ONE, doesn't make much difference. FWIW, in my experience, men are much less likely to wash their hands and they are touching their flesh. When I pee, my hands only touch toilet paper, not flesh and not urine. YMMV!!

Do you spend time in the men's room?:D

Oh, but ONE can make a difference. It only takes one to start spreading the Noro virus.

men are much less likely to wash their hands and they are touching their flesh. When I pee, my hands only touch toilet paper, not flesh and not urine.

Well that's ok then, because the will be no germs on any of the surfaces in the stalls including the Paper

Always reminds me of a Joke

A Solider and a Sailor are in the Head, While the Solider is washing his hands , the Sailor walk past toward the door. The Solider calls out, "Hey in the Army they teach us to wash after using the Head", to which the Sailor replies " Well Son in the Navy they teach us not to pee on our hands :)

I think there was a need to wash your hands. You may not have used the toilet, but you say you would probably flush it. What do you think the person before you used to flush the toilet? - her dirty hands. And what do you think she touched the door handle or latch with when she opened the door? Her dirty hands.

Who touched the toilet paper before you? Can you guarantee there were no "germs" on her hands?

Perception is everything.

Saw a hostess at a restaurant do this.

She said she was adjusting something and didn't need to wash her hands. Umm, OK but you did touch the latch that others touched before they washed their hands.

The Manager wasn't too interested in this either.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE Always wash your hands!

A little off subject, but...I was recently on a plane coming back from a seminar/convention for work. I was thrilled to see one of my "idols" on board...a very distinguished woman in my field. We de-planed and immediately headed for the restrooms. There I witnessed my "idol" come out of a stall (without a sink), check her appearance in the mirror, then leave without washing her hands!!! She did more in that stall than readjust her undergarments...

Now whenever I see my idol's name mentioned (in professional publications, etc.), all I can think of is "She doesn't wash her hands when she pees!" :eek:

You are in the restroom, and while washing your hands, and you see someone use the toilet/urinal then head directly to the exit without washing their hands.

What do you do?

I remember that people are nasty and I also remeber another reason to avoid buffets.

The funny thing is, as has already been pointed out, norovirus is spread by contaminated faecal matter. So people not washing their hands after peeing is not an issue, as far as norovirus goes.

Not so fast with your logic.

First of all the OP may just be using peeing as a general term for using the bathroom.;) Even if the person does just pee, they are still touching various surfaces that have been contaminated with fecal matter, the door coming into the restroom, the handle and lock on the stall, the flush handle, etc.

Archived