Hi there! Why haven't you registered yet?? You are missing out on our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY! Register Now!
Q&A with Nathan Philpot, Sales & Marketing Director~ Fred. Olsen Cruise Line
Please join us as we welcome Nathan Philpot as he answers your questions about Fred. Olsen Cruise Line.
Rules For Participation
- Use the "NEW THREAD" button for your question*.
- No discussion/comments in response to other members' questions. You may, however, add a reply if your question is similar.
- Mr. Philpot was here on July 25th.
- Our Community Guidelines apply to all posts.
- Threads will be closed once Mr. Philpot has replied!
* We'll be merging duplicate and similar questions, and reserve the right to remove/move questions as appropriate. Customer service questions should be directed to the appropriate source at the cruise line.
How do you envisage the development of the Fred. Olsen fleet in the future? Will you replace the much loved "Black Prince"? The "Black Watch" and "Boudicca", good as they are, surely must be replaced as they are showing their age. Are there plans for their replacement?
Sales & Marketing Director ~ Fred. Olsen Cruise Lines
Join Date: Jul 2013
Fleet of the Future
Thank you for your comment. There’s definitely a place for the older more traditional cruise ship. In my opinion, they look as cruise ships should look. Some of the greatest hotels in the UK are older than some of their modern counterparts but they have character and personal service levels. They may need more up keep but I know which I’d prefer! We are proud of our smaller ships, their atmosphere and the traditional, stylish décor. If opportunities arise to grow and develop our fleet, we would certainly explore them but they would have to be in keeping with our brand. We are keen to serve cruise customers throughout all the regions of the UK.