Regular Water versus Mineral Water on MSC Divina

shackman61

The package of water you buy on-line prior to your cruise is (about) $37 and you can ask for 'flat' water - it is a large bottle I just forge the number of ounces - we did it this past week - was great - 14 bottles - do indeed buy on-line prior to cruise as it is a flat rate and on the ship they add taxes and tips.

My wife would like to buy the water package on the Divina, but it only says Mineral water, which she doesn't like. Do they have regular bottled natural or spring water?

I don't like mineral water, either - it upsets my stomach. However, I've never had any problems with the bottled water on MSC ships. As an FYI - "natural" on the ship means "still" as opposed to "sparkling" water to the waiters.

Cellfree is correct - the water package is 14 one-litre bottles for $37. You have to add 15% service charge - another $5.50 - when purchased onboard.

I called MSC over the weekend and was able to get clarification. The water package is only for Mineral Water. The rep said that she has sailed the Divina and you can buy regular bottled water for $1.75 in the restaurants or bars. $1.75 isn't the highest I have ever paid, but not looking forward to that extra cost for the week. She also said that in the MDR they pour tap water that has been purified.

The bottles of water (if you ask for 'still' or 'flat') that are included in the $37 cost for 14 bottles are 32 ounces. When I called my rep prior to cruising he said that the package was for sparkling water BUT that you can ask for 'still' which I did last week and always got the large bottle - at some bars it was already cold and at some bars not - you can ask for glasses of ice if poolside.