Great Stirrup Cay questions

hrt4girls

We are sailing on the Sky early in August and have a few days about our day on the private island. We are a group of 3 couples and are considering renting a cabana. Are they far away from the water? I have found information that says they are on a hilltop away from the water. Is this correct? Also it said they were at Cabana Beach, but I can't find a map of the island that has the beaches labeled. If we get a cabana, there is a $50 credit, but isn't the food included just like it is on board? And since we are on the Sky the drinks should be included as well, or I am wrong about that being included on the island? What would we spend the credit on?

I am guessing that there are restrooms in various places on the island and we would never have a long walk to find one. We would enjoy the floaties and the water that is included. And the hammock and shower would be an added bonus.

So in addition to my other questions, should we consider a large or small cabana? The price difference is only $20. Is there a specific cabana we should ask for and is it possible to request one? Do we need to arrange this before the cruise or can we do it onboard? Any other information we should know or things to consider before we make a decision?

We have done the small cabana on our last 2 cruises and are also sailing early August and have booked again. We like the location of the smaller cabanas as they are closer to the water. The large cabanas are on a small "hill" with about 10 wooden stairs down to the sand.

Alcohol is included so the $50 credit can be used for specialty food items like lobster tails- they give you a menu to order from in your stateroom prior to the port.

Lots of restrooms within walking distance.

I highly recommend getting a cabana, it is a great place to hang for the day, get a little shade and the floats are the best!! Sitting on the float with a drink in hand is awesome!

• 1 month later...
Which small cabana is the best. How early should be book on line. There will be 3 people in our group? All 65 & above so wondering how far of a walk to them and how far from the water. Thank you so much for any information.

The small cabanas have less of a walk to the beach and no steep walkway up a hill. They assign cabanas to you but perhaps you can request one if you have a preference. We had cabana 12 which is one of the first small cabanas very near the bar and restrooms. Perfect location. I am 63 and had no problems with that location. It is a 5-10 min walk once you get to the walkway after getting off the tender.

The small cabanas have less of a walk to the beach and no steep walkway up a hill. They assign cabanas to you but perhaps you can request one if you have a preference. We had cabana 12 which is one of the first small cabanas very near the bar and restrooms. Perfect location. I am 63 and had no problems with that location. It is a 5-10 min walk once you get to the walkway after getting off the tender.

Thank you so much:D

• 1 month later...

Hi there! We rented a large cabana for our December cruise. There are only 6 of us (4 adults, 2 children). We haven't been since Dec 2015 and had cabana number 1. Where are the small cabanas in relation to the large cabanas? My mother is more worried about a long walk through the sand from the pier than the distance to the beach. It looks like the large cabanas have nice ramps instead of the rock steps they had when we last went. Just not sure if the small cabanas are a better fit for her to get to. Any info is GREATLY appreciated �� Also...is either beach area better? We really enjoyed the area in front of the cabana last time just not sure if the hurricane/ renovations changed that as well. Happy sailing!!

Edited by Kileymf
More detail