Message to BB McLaird on Port Arrival Times.

donaldsc

Hopefully things are a bit more sorted out in Miami and the personnel there can resume answering questions. If not, please get to this as soon as you can.

I am booked on the Azamara Journey cruise to New Zealand departing Auckland on 22 February 2018. One of the ports we visit is Napier. My cruise documents show that we get into Napier at 2:00 PM and depart at 9:00 PM.

I have been trying to arrange tours within these time constraints with great difficulty. When I checked the arrival time for the Journey into Napier on the Port of Napier WEB site, it shows that we arrive into Napier at 12:00 noon and not 2:00 PM. The departure time on the port WEB site is the same as the time on the Azamara site - 9:00 PM. I checked the arrival and departure times for all the ports on our cruise and this is the only port where there is a discrepancy between an Azamara reported arrival time and the port reported arrival time.

If we do arrive at 12:00 noon instead of 2:00 PM, this would make it much easier for me to plan activities in Napier. I basically can not plan any Napier activities until I get this problem settled.

Could someone please check to see when we arrive - 12:00 noon or 2:00 PM.

DON

Hopefully things are a bit more sorted out in Miami and the personnel there can resume answering questions. If not, please get to this as soon as you can.

I am booked on the Azamara Journey cruise to New Zealand departing Auckland on 22 February 2018. One of the ports we visit is Napier. My cruise documents show that we get into Napier at 2:00 PM and depart at 9:00 PM.

I have been trying to arrange tours within these time constraints with great difficulty. When I checked the arrival time for the Journey into Napier on the Port of Napier WEB site, it shows that we arrive into Napier at 12:00 noon and not 2:00 PM. The departure time on the port WEB site is the same as the time on the Azamara site - 9:00 PM. I checked the arrival and departure times for all the ports on our cruise and this is the only port where there is a discrepancy between an Azamara reported arrival time and the port reported arrival time.

If we do arrive at 12:00 noon instead of 2:00 PM, this would make it much easier for me to plan activities in Napier. I basically can not plan any Napier activities until I get this problem settled.

Could someone please check to see when we arrive - 12:00 noon or 2:00 PM.

DON

I've had it confirmed that the arrival time into Napier will be 2pm.

• 1 month later...
I've had it confirmed that the arrival time into Napier will be 2pm.

A perspective tour guide just e-mailed and said that the Napier port board still shows a 12 noon arrival time.

I asked my TA and she send this message back to me

"I talked with Azamara and they are also showing 12pm on their records, however, they still show 2pm on the guest invoice. They most likely will not change it on the invoice because they won't guarantee noon, even though they will probably be there by then. The cruiselines like to have a window of time for any traffic, port and pilot delays."

It appears as if Azamara may be have a case of left hand left hand syndrome. Can someone check to find out which is correct. Getting in earlier than 2 PM would make it a much better port visit.

DON