Pier to Lax

lrockwitt

How far is it to LAX from pier? Also what is the cheapest way to get there?

How far isn't the important question. The important question is how long does it take to transfer from LAX to San Pedro. My experience has been somewhere around 35/40 min with average traffic, using a group shuttle service such as Super Shuttle or Prime Time plus any wait time at the airport for the shuttle on that route to arrive. I remember one time where the shuttle had a passenger with a destination of Redondo Beach. Although we had a nice beach tour the trip took maybe 90 mins. So be sure to ask the dispatcher what stops the shuttle plans to make.

How far isn't the important question. The important question is how long does it take to transfer from LAX to San Pedro.

In Southern California we measure distance in time. Something might be 10 miles away, but if there's a busy freeway involved, it could take much longer to get there than it would as the crow flies. Some days I live an hour and a half from the beach, but other days I live three hours away.

How far is it to LAX from pier? Also what is the cheapest way to get there?

We take the Super Shuttle. It's about $20 per person. We'll never ever ever ever take Princess transfer again. Worse service ever. Don't ever take it from the airport to the cruise terminal either. You'll be SORRY!:eek:

I've never had any trouble with Princess shuttles . One cruise they supplied a taxi from the pre-cruise hotel to the pier . We were the only people staying in the hotel.

You're lucky. We were held hostage for 2 hours on the bus sitting at the cruise terminal not allowed to get off the bus. There were 5 buses ahead of us and no one was getting on the ship. The bathroom on the bus was locked and the driver had no key. Several handicapped people were on the bus and one guy was actually crying because he had to use the restroom badly. I finally got up and told the bus driver she had two choices, either take us to the cruise terminal or I call 911 telling them we're being held hostage. Take your pick. One other time we sat in the lounge for over 2 hours before allowed to board the bus to take us to LAX. I should have known better not to use Princess transfer then. Fooled me twice that's for sure. BTW, the bus driver hopped on the bus and took us to the terminal where we immediately went to the front of the line because we had already been checked in at the hotel they took us to - where we sat for another 4 hours.:mad:

How far isn't the important question. The important question is how long does it take to transfer from LAX to San Pedro. My experience has been somewhere around 35/40 min with average traffic, using a group shuttle service such as Super Shuttle or Prime Time plus any wait time at the airport for the shuttle on that route to arrive. I remember one time where the shuttle had a passenger with a destination of Redondo Beach. Although we had a nice beach tour the trip took maybe 90 mins. So be sure to ask the dispatcher what stops the shuttle plans to make.

We use PT/SS quite often and have yet to experience a deviation from the one way to or from LAX/San Pedro. Never stopped to PU anyone up or drop anyone off.

The OP was asking about trips from the pier to LAX. :confused: