Shore Excursion for Atlantis Aquaventure Buy or Not??

grammieo

I have been reading posts that some people are opting to make shore reservations without going through the cruise line.

I am sailing on the Sky at the end of June. The prince for the Atlantis Aquaventure is $159.00 per person. That is $300.00 for two for one day. I don't mind paying, but I keep reading how crowded it is and no seats, etc.

My sister and I are on this cruise and we are in our 60's... YOUNG 60's. We have energy and want to exlpore it all.

Should I purchase the excursion through the ship? Should I purchase the excursion at all? Any information will be greatly welcomed.

I have been reading posts that some people are opting to make shore reservations without going through the cruise line.

I am sailing on the Sky at the end of June. The prince for the Atlantis Aquaventure is $159.00 per person. That is $300.00 for two for one day. I don't mind paying, but I keep reading how crowded it is and no seats, etc.

My sister and I are on this cruise and we are in our 60's... YOUNG 60's. We have energy and want to exlpore it all.

Should I purchase the excursion through the ship? Should I purchase the excursion at all? Any information will be greatly welcomed.

If you have all day in port I say to go for it. It is a blast! For 2 people the price will not be much less than booking through other venues...you start saving the most money when you are booking 3-4 people.

It can get crowded, but it is not like you won't get a seat...Atlantis has a TON of chairs, it just might not be right near the pool. Your best opportunity is to get there before they first open and do the things you really want to do first, before the lines get too long...we have gone and yes, it has been crowded, but not any more crowded than the other waterparks we have gone to in the US in the summer, and the views while waiting in line are just so much better!

We are cruising this year and will be in Nassau also. I have done a tremendous amount of research on the best way to experience Atlantis, including speaking to employees of Atlantis and the manager of the Comfort Suites across the street. I have went over EVERY possible way. For the two of you a day pass to Atlantis would be $120 to enjoy everything. The downside to this would be if the resort is to it's capacity that day they will not issue passes. So... you may miss out. Renting a room at Atlantis (what my family of four is going to do) would not be economical for you because the cheapest one when we will be there (October- off season) is almost $500 with taxes and fees. I think the best way for you guys to enjoy Atlantis would be through the ship. That way you are guarenteed a pass and you are not spending TOO much. I think that it will be worth it and you will have a great time! Have fun and happy cruising!!!! :)

You can book thru majestictoursbahamas.com for the same price as buying at Atlantis and cheaper than the cruiseline. If you search "Atlantis Aquaventure" you can read my review from last summer.

I know you said you are young "60's" but will you be going on the waterslides? If not then you are paying a lot of money for the pools, beach and the aquarium. Their pools are great but if I wasn't going to do the waterslides then I personally would buy a day pass at the Sheraton or other hotel in Nassau and enjoy their pool and beach for a lot less money than Atlantis.

Can anyone tell me....our ship arrives in Nassau at 7 am, we have purchased the full day w/ lunch excursion to Atlantis with Carnival. I am wondering when the bus will actually leave to head over to Atlantis?? Would love to get over there asap to be able to shop and look around b4 pools open, TIA

I have read that you are better off using a taxi or water taxi to reach Atlantis in the most timely manner. I think that is what we are going to do. Please keep in mind I am NOT the one to offer advice as I have never been there. Just repeating suggestions from those who seem to know.

Walk-up price at Atlantis at the end of June will be $135pp (they took a price increase). However, keep in mind that there is no guarantee that walk-up will be available during this time of year.

• 2 weeks later...
We are cruising this year and will be in Nassau also. I have done a tremendous amount of research on the best way to experience Atlantis, including speaking to employees of Atlantis and the manager of the Comfort Suites across the street. I have went over EVERY possible way. For the two of you a day pass to Atlantis would be $120 to enjoy everything. The downside to this would be if the resort is to it's capacity that day they will not issue passes. So... you may miss out. Renting a room at Atlantis (what my family of four is going to do) would not be economical for you because the cheapest one when we will be there (October- off season) is almost $500 with taxes and fees. I think the best way for you guys to enjoy Atlantis would be through the ship. That way you are guarenteed a pass and you are not spending TOO much. I think that it will be worth it and you will have a great time! Have fun and happy cruising!!!! :)

When you say renting a room, do you mean you make reservations to stay the night, but just don't stay the night. You would check in and out the same day? I am guessing they do not rent rooms for the day? My family of four wants to go later this summer.

I have been contemplating this as well, well be there next feb on the epic but we don't disembark until 12 noon. Do you think it's worth doing a half day that late! Will we find chairs? There will be 5 ships total . I don't care about finding chairs close to the pool.

Even though Feb isn't the high season and might have less people, the waterpark closes early during that time, around 4:30 pm I think so I would still say it isn't worth it if you dont arrive until noon.

Even though Feb isn't the high season and might have less people, the waterpark closes early during that time, around 4:30 pm I think so I would still say it isn't worth it if you dont arrive until noon.

I second this.. the waterpark closes early, and the water and air temps can be cold in February. It's winter in the bahamas.. weather is iffy.

Archived