Your favourite cruise destination?

gordylad

So far my cruising experience is limited to the med and Northern Europe.

The biggest surprise, Leknes in the Lofoten Islands, Norway.

This in front.

b2dc84925d2c72235a803fbbc26f05b4.jpg

And this behind.

d0b55a0793b884e8874c28778d466764.jpg

Just stunning.

I need to go back.

Edited by papcx

So far my cruising experience is limited to the med and Northern Europe. The biggest surprise, Leknes in the Lofoten Islands, Norway. Just stunning. I need to go back.

YES, agree on the Lofoten Island in Norway as being super wonderful. See one of my items as "proof" and evidence that you are correct. Have not yet been to Galapagos, Antartica or French Polynesia. Planning for South Africa and Botswana this coming January and February.

As mentioned wisely by others, we have lots of love in Europe, Med, Caribbean, etc. BUT, would probably rate much in Australia and New Zealand as noted below in my live/blog to be among the "best of the best". Loved doing that 1000-mile sailing up the Amazon River earlier this year. Hard to just one favorite.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Enjoyed a 14-day, Jan. 20-Feb. 3, 2014, Sydney to Auckland adventure, getting a big sampling for the wonders of "down under” before and after this cruise. Go to:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1974139

for more info and many pictures of these amazing sights in this great part of the world. Now at 116,478 views for this posting.

For details and visuals, etc., from our July 1-16, 2010, Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise experience from Copenhagen on the Silver Cloud, check out this posting. This posting is now at 183,996 views.

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1227923[/b

As we departed Svolvaer in the Lofoten Islands of Norway on a perfect, sunny day, these are two of the green, tree-covered mountains rising up from the sea that we saw with the small out-islands in the foreground.:

LofotenSlovDeparting.jpg

From our group's Bay of Islands water fun, we got to do real sailing, including going out into the nearby Pacific Ocean in northern New Zealand! See the proof and success below. It was both a perfect weather day and such fun sampling this great region of northern NZ. One of the options for those in our Central Ohio group on this custom, private sailing was to help to do as much (or as little as desired) in helping make this sail experience happen. Here you can see Captain Murray guiding the ship from this great vantage point on the back of the Zindabar. Was this exciting and scenic for our group?:

BayOfIslandsA14_zps5d841758.jpg

While stopped at Santarem along the Amazon River, we had our charter/private boat arranged in advance. We headed into the back-water Amazon regions in search of nature, wildlife, unique scenery, etc. Our boat was fairly small, but with a powerful engine and covered to shade us from the harsh sun. Our skilled Amazon guide Gil Serique was on the look-out for birds, unique views and nature action. Our driver got us through very shallow and challenging areas. Like the iguana shown on the tree branch below? My Nikon D7100 did well, helped by using a 55-300mm Nikkor lens. Saw lots of special birds, unique animals, flowers, giant water lilies, etc., during this adventure exploration.:

FebAmazPixA14%201_zpswzwufcpx.jpg

FebAmazPixA13%201_zpsegmavodq.jpg

Galapolos and Antarctica sound great, doubt we will ever get to either as DW isn't allowed to fly.

So the real answer for us is Tasmania, have cruised there numerous times and are planning one for next year.

It was also our first.