Celebrity Millenium

newbees

I just booked a Northeast Asia cruise on the Celebrity Millenium with the following ports: Starting in Hongkong, Keelung (Taipei, Taiwan), Nagasaki (Japan), Busan (Korea), Jeju island (Korea), Tianjin (Beijin, China), and ending in Baoshan (Shanghai, China). This initerary is not very popular, thus so far I have not found anything. I have a few questions:

1. Do I need a China visa? I don't plan to stay in Shanghai for more than 1 day.

2. What excursion from the cruise should I book?

3. If I stay in Shanghai for 1 day, which hotel or hotel zone should I book?

Thank you so much.

Hi. Welcome to Cruise Critic.

You should be receiving some replies to your Asia questions, but in the meantime, on the main forum page, follow the link to the Celebrity Connections roll call forums. You'll see a page listing all the Celebrity ships. Click on Millennium and search for a roll call with the date of your sailing. You'll have the opportunity to meet others that will be on your cruise and perhaps you can find private tour opportunities with other folks. At the very least you can chat with people who will be on the cruise.

Mary

Do see the Roll call for your cruise. All questions answered there.You do need a multi entry visa as you are also going to Tianjin. If on April 11 2013 cruise. See my private tours listed.

We are planning on a different cruise (RCI VOS) with pre/post cruise stops in Beijing and Shanghai. Do you have contact information for your tour guides/companies in those cities?

• 1 month later...
I just booked a Northeast Asia cruise on the Celebrity Millenium with the following ports: Starting in Hongkong, Keelung (Taipei, Taiwan), Nagasaki (Japan), Busan (Korea), Jeju island (Korea), Tianjin (Beijin, China), and ending in Baoshan (Shanghai, China). This initerary is not very popular, thus so far I have not found anything. I have a few questions:

1. Do I need a China visa? I don't plan to stay in Shanghai for more than 1 day.

2. What excursion from the cruise should I book?

3. If I stay in Shanghai for 1 day, which hotel or hotel zone should I book?

Thank you so much.

Hi,

We have been to China and you will need a single entry visa to stay in Shanghai. It is a huge city so it depends on your interests as to which hotel you stay in. We usually stay in one near the subway lines.

Keelung is interesting to visit on its own depending how long you are in port. You can walk straight into the city and there is an fascintaing statue of Kuan Yin at the top of the hill overlooking the port which is a bit of a hike but well worth visiting. Again it depends on time and interests. You can go into Taipei on a tour and that is also full of things to do from visiting the huge Buddhist temple and Chiang Kai- Shek's memorial to Taipei 101 and shopping.

If the ship docks in Hong Kong you can just walk out through the shopping centre into the city. We usually buy a tourist card for the subway which works out to be very economical if you are there for a full day or even over night.There are usually tours that go to the Peak and Stanley markets. Check them out.

Apparently in Nagasaki, you can walk out and catch a bus or a tram. We were supposed to stop there but our cruise was reditrected because of a medical emergency.

Defintely do tours in Beijing of the Great Wall and the Forbiddden City. Awesome sights there.

Have fun. :)

• 2 months later...

I'm new to this so I still don't know quite yet how to use it...patience please...:confused:

We're cruising from YVR to Seward June 1-8th on the Millenium and are wanting to do a whale watching tour in Juneau...any tours ava or suggestions?

Thanks,lydialilli

I'm new to this so I still don't know quite yet how to use it...patience please...:confused:

We're cruising from YVR to Seward June 1-8th on the Millenium and are wanting to do a whale watching tour in Juneau...any tours ava or suggestions?

Thanks,lydialilli

You will get better answers on the Alaskan board...this is the Asian section..

• 1 month later...

Most temples in Taiwan are a mixture of Taoism and Buddhism - so is the very busy Longshan temple which is visited by most cruise tours. It has a normal size with its three halls, there are bigger temples elsewhere on the island.

Keelung has the first Buddhist center in the Fo Guang Shan temple just a three blocks from the port, on your way up to Zhongzheng park and the Guanjin statue. See the map at http://christine-tourtaiwan.blogspot.com

Archived