What to wear on Panama Canal Cruise???

Cologal49

This may sound really corny to everybody else - but what kind of casual clothes do we wear? Can we wear the flowery loose shirts that we got in Hawaii - or do they not fit in with the "decor" of the Caribbean? We have several shirts and would like to put them to good use if they will fit in. Any ideas? We have never been to the Caribbean area.

Flowery comfortable loose shirts are just as appropriate in the Caribbean as they are in Hawaii!

I am sometimes really slow - but I just noticed that you are leaving 3 days after we do - that will be awesome for both of us. I also really appreciated your wonderful quote from the Psalms. It is wonderful to know that HE is in charge - of our lives and our cruises...

I am sometimes really slow - but I just noticed that you are leaving 3 days after we do - that will be awesome for both of us. I also really appreciated your wonderful quote from the Psalms. It is wonderful to know that HE is in charge - of our lives and our cruises...

Have a fabulous and blessed cruise! :)

i call them the ISLAND shirts and hubby takes them with him on the cruises cos he doesnt wear them at home...so this is the TIME to wear them.

ENJOY YOUR CRUISE:)

EXACTLY!! My DH does the same thing. Here at home he dresses very conservatively and is not the flowered-shirt type, even though we LIVE in Florida!!!! Vacations to appropriate tropical locations, where no one really knows him, are the EXCEPTION :D

EXACTLY!! My DH does the same thing. Here at home he dresses very conservatively and is not the flowered-shirt type, even though we LIVE in Florida!!!! Vacations to appropriate tropical locations, where no one really knows him, are the EXCEPTION :D

hey MARG as with us...are DH's should get along very well...mine NOT the flowery-shirt type but 'tolerates' when we are on a cruise:p:D

Dont forget the Panama Canal is warm! Alot of people on the ship I just got off expected it to be "cool"... we sailed the first week of October and it was supposed to be almost 100 degrees! Thankfully it was overcast and made for about 92degrees...

also, living in the south - White is always in fashion!

your on vacation - wear what ever you feel you would like to be comfortable in! I cruise a lot to the Caribbean and this ship did not have as much tropical patterns as you would see on those ships -but there certainly were some!

Have a fantastic trip!

My DH wore his bright Hawaiian shirt at our thanksgiving dinner (Canadian) earlier this month. He received many compliments, too. We had an early snowfall that weekend and everyone was feeling summer had been too short.

We booked a Panama Canal cruise the following week.

DH's casual wardrobe (late Nov.) will feature golf shirts and t shirts bought on previous holidays - and Hawaiian shirts might be included.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Don't forget the hat and sun screen. We often go in January, and I consider it hot - cool, loose clothes are the key. Nancy

Hi Nancy,

I have recognized your name in the past, and since were almost neighbors (Petaluma), I thought I'd ask you a question about the Panama Canal. We are going on the Coral in Mar. How is the weather then? Any recs on shore ex.? This is a first through the canal for us. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

John

• 1 month later...

I went last year at the beginning of April and it was hot, upper 90s and high humidity. I would say that Costa Rica had the highest humidity. It was like a sauna. Of course, anything over 70 is hot to me! I spent ship time in my bathing suit with a sundress over it. Shore time was in sundresses or shorts, depending on if I was doing a tour. My traveling companion told me to pack a light sweater, but I never wore it, even at night. Still, it was the trip of a lifetime and I enjoyed every minute of it!

We just returned from a 15 day East-West transit of the Canal. As for clothing, the Aloha shirts are perfect. Saw many Gentlemen with those on! Bring a hat and sunscreen. It was very hot and humid throughout our journey. We departed from Ft. Lauderdale (before the chill of winter hit them :rolleyes:) Aruba was arid, dry heat. Cartegena was sticky and humid. For those who have not yet transited the Canal - you wake quite early to enter the first set of locks and usually is quite chilly without the sun. However, by 730 am it was nice and warm and getting on through the day it was very hot. Its their dry season right now. All the stops in Mexico save Cabo San Lucas was hot. Puntarenas was nice and comfortable as we did a tour through the Mangroves. The food on the Coral was great! Have a terrific time!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived