Sloth Sanctuary waitlisted-are there private tours?

Knighton

We will be on the Coral Princess and are waitlisted for the "Meet the Sloths" excursion. I'm afraid that we won't get a spot. Are there private companies that will get us to the sloth sanctuary? I looked online and haven't found much.

April, the ship's excursion only caveat applies only to the stop in Gatun Lake on your transit day of the Canal. If by chance the sloth sanctuary is at one of your other port calls then you are free to select private tour operators.

The reason for ship's excursions only at the Canal is sound, the area where you tender off the ship to meet your tour is a remote area... no shops, no transportation, no town, no business district and so on. Your tour operator not showing up would leave you to the shoe leather express or some good Samaritan. Not the position Princess would want to leave you in. All the people on tours rejoin the ship when it docks in Colon. All the cruise lines that offer partial transits have the same restriction on shore excursions at this stop.

Oops I just realized I never said what port the sloth excursion was in. It's Limon, Costa Rica. The only tour I've found is through Viator, and the only review it has is a bad one. Anyone else done this one?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi! I was doing research for our trip next week to Sloth Sanctuary in Puerto Limon but for me can't go since closed on Mondays. These are good tour companies I found that will take you there:

Oscar Brown Tours - Carol - limonense03@yahoo.com

Lucky Tours - Eduardo - yourluckytours@gmail.com

Syltraveler - Edgard - info@syltravelcr.com

You can read about them on trip advisor under Puerto Limon. -

They all are very nice and get back to you right away. The tour is about $85.00 for 6 hours.

You can