Bringing Medications

bdcbbq

I travel with an EpiPen, which I HAVE been stopped for (both domestically and internationally). On advice of my pharmacist, I just carry the little sheet that comes attached to the envelope when you pick up at the pharmacy. I find that much easier than carrying original packing, in most cases.

Screen%20Shot%202017-04-06%20at%205.58.33%20PM_zpsbbizasee.png

Great idea. I have so many meds to carry that anything that simplifies life is a bonus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

Update on Japan Rx "Approvals".

We've gone through the proper channels, and now have documents from two separate offices (two different meds) for the two prescriptions that did need prior authorization.

We just sent them a list of prescriptions we planned to take, and they replied with a few that were restricted to a month supply (which is fine for this trip), a couple that had restrictions such as one or two per passenger (like inhalers or EpiPens) and the two that needed special permission.

It was all done via email, with attachments.

In those two cases, we need to present the stamped/signed approval when we arrive.

And everything will be in properly labeled bottles (the pharmacy prepares the smallest size labeled container for those that usually come in 90 day supplies - not to mention the silly use of jumbo containers for sometimes 30, or fewer, tiny pills - so wasteful).

No fuss, no costs.

And much better not worrying about it.