Viking air deviation - times?

jabrown40

We received free air when we booked our Cuba cruise for November. There was no air credit available for not taking the air. We paid the $200 deviation fee to fly down to Miami from O'Hare the day before. We will be flying out on Thanksgiving day.we were not able to choose our flights, or the times that we fly. Does anybody have any experience with this? I'm just wondering if we're going to automatically get the dreaded 6:30 AM flight from O'Hare, even though we are going the day before.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 2 weeks later...

I will pay the deivation fees to fly in 2days pre cruise and stay 2 night post cruise on my TA from San Juan to Barcelona using Viking Air in March/April2018. As you said, $100. pp per arrival city and departure city= $200. for me.

I have been looking at the flights to and from MSP for my dates on Delta , Amercan or United. I know the various flights available and the connection times. I have my favorites(Delta) and my not so favorite flights... short connection times are not for me.

I cannot pay for air plus for the San Juan flights. They do not offer the program for this port.

I am waiting to see if they will continue to offer air plus for Barcelona in 2018?

For a $50.00 fee I will pay it to have more say over my flights from Barcelona to MSP.

I do not have free air, but air through Viking for $599.

I suggest you look at the flights for Thanksgiving Day from O"Hara to Miami on various legacy routes to be forwarned.

I need to overcome my anxiety :eek: about not knowing till at least 75 days out to see what filghts I get.

I will pay the deivation fees to fly in 2days pre cruise and stay 2 night post cruise on my TA from San Juan to Barcelona using Viking Air in March/April2018. As you said, $100. pp per arrival city and departure city= $200. for me.

I have been looking at the flights to and from MSP for my dates on Delta , Amercan or United. I know the various flights available and the connection times. I have my favorites(Delta) and my not so favorite flights... short connection times are not for me.

I cannot pay for air plus for the San Juan flights. They do not offer the program for this port.

I am waiting to see if they will continue to offer air plus for Barcelona in 2018?

For a $50.00 fee I will pay it to have more say over my flights from Barcelona to MSP.

I do not have free air, but air through Viking for $599.

I suggest you look at the flights for Thanksgiving Day from O"Hara to Miami on various legacy routes to be forwarned.

I need to overcome my anxiety :eek: about not knowing till at least 75 days out to see what filghts I get.

Will they let you have any say in your return flights from Barcelona?

Will they let you have any say in your return flights from Barcelona?

If Barcelona is a air plus city, I can have some imput over which flights I want again for a price:$100 or more.. It is too far in advance for my TA to talk to them about the Barcelona flights. As long as my total cost is under $1000 for Viking air, I am ok with it I know what I paid for airfare roundtrip to Barcelona in July of 2016 though Celebrity custom air.

So far, it is still a good deal for me to stay with Viking Air, but I want answers now. LOL

Learning patience....

If Barcelona is a air plus city, I can have some imput over which flights I want again for a price:$100 or more.. It is too far in advance for my TA to talk to them about the Barcelona flights. As long as my total cost is under $1000 for Viking air, I am ok with it I know what I paid for airfare roundtrip to Barcelona in July of 2016 though Celebrity custom air.

So far, it is still a good deal for me to stay with Viking Air, but I want answers now. LOL

Learning patience....

Yes, but the airline schedules haven't even been published yet--and they do change. The flights we took to Barcelona last trip aren't being offered for our upcoming trip just one year later. Our TA won't even talk flights with Viking before 300 days out.

Our last flights were Boston to Newark to Barcelona. Next flights (booked on our own) will be Boston to Zurich to Barcelona with return Barcelona to Munich to Boston. Transfers via cab are easy. The fare is a flat rate (29euro?) plus a euro or two for each suitcase that goes in the trunk.

I think we paid 39 Euro but it was pretty quick and painless to get from the airport to the port. We arrived at 7 AM and just dropped our luggage at the ship and took another taxi to Sagrada Familia..wandered around and took another taxi back. Easy.